[NL20-NL50] Nl30 42s 3bet pot

• jachis
      Against a new 20/19 reg, at the time I was 3betting him a bunch and he folded a lot.The sample size I have on him is quite small so other stats may not be to reliable. Didnt notice that we're a bit deep while 3betting so I should have betted bigger pre.

$0.15/$0.30 No Limit Holdem
      4 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

CO ($33.98)
      BTN ($46.37)
      SB ($19.25)
      hero (BB) ($42.75)

Pre-Flop: ($0.45, 4 players) hero is BB 4:spade: 2:spade:
      1 fold, BTN raises to $0.90, 1 fold, hero raises to $3, BTN calls $2.10

Flop: K:heart: 4:diamond: 10:diamond: ($6.15, 2 players)
      hero bets $3.75, BTN calls $3.75

Turn: 4:club: ($13.65, 2 players)
      hero bets $8, BTN calls $8

River: 9:diamond: ($29.65, 2 players)
      hero goes all-in $28

I would like to hear what betsizing would be the best at flop and turn or should I maybe go for a c/r on turn. And is river shove fine here, cause I feel like if he has some draws he should raise them ealier, but he might not cause of the stack sizing.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello jachis,

Preflop: That's why I don't like the 3bet at all here, you are kind of deep and he is most likely towards calling more looser vs us. Therefore I would just fold it with a hand which doesn't have that great equity vs his calling range.

As played
      Flop: Well, while it's a 3bet pot then I do agree with betting a bit smaller. But the question is if you would Bet the same amount vs reg here with lets say AK? :) I might do it like $4.
      Turn: Well, Check/Raise may work. But do you expect him to float against you a lot? What do you think is he doing with draws or QQ/JJ type of hands? Or even Kx type of hands? Could he be playing for the stacks? Cause Check/Raise will look a lot stronger line and will definitely make those hands as JJ/QQ to fold. But that's definitely an option to play it this way if we face an aggressive opponent, I tend also to balance my lines here and invite him to Bet. Cause if he is aggressive enough then they will take a stab here very often with very wide range.

As played
      River: Nah, I would just Check/Fold it, not a great spot to ship it your almost 100BB. Especially when SD/FD got there and he will rarely pay with just TP.

Best Regards.