This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl30 42s 3bet pot

• jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Against a new 20/19 reg, at the time I was 3betting him a bunch and he folded a lot.The sample size I have on him is quite small so other stats may not be to reliable. Didnt notice that we're a bit deep while 3betting so I should have betted bigger pre.

$0.15/$0.30 No Limit Holdem
      4 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      CO ($33.98)
      BTN ($46.37)
      SB ($19.25)
      hero (BB) ($42.75)

Pre-Flop: ($0.45, 4 players) hero is BB 4:spade: 2:spade:
      1 fold, BTN raises to $0.90, 1 fold, hero raises to $3, BTN calls $2.10

Flop: K:heart: 4:diamond: 10:diamond: ($6.15, 2 players)
      hero bets $3.75, BTN calls $3.75

Turn: 4:club: ($13.65, 2 players)
      hero bets $8, BTN calls $8

River: 9:diamond: ($29.65, 2 players)
      hero goes all-in $28

I would like to hear what betsizing would be the best at flop and turn or should I maybe go for a c/r on turn. And is river shove fine here, cause I feel like if he has some draws he should raise them ealier, but he might not cause of the stack sizing.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jachis,

Preflop: That's why I don't like the 3bet at all here, you are kind of deep and he is most likely towards calling more looser vs us. Therefore I would just fold it with a hand which doesn't have that great equity vs his calling range.

As played
      Flop: Well, while it's a 3bet pot then I do agree with betting a bit smaller. But the question is if you would Bet the same amount vs reg here with lets say AK? :) I might do it like $4.
      Turn: Well, Check/Raise may work. But do you expect him to float against you a lot? What do you think is he doing with draws or QQ/JJ type of hands? Or even Kx type of hands? Could he be playing for the stacks? Cause Check/Raise will look a lot stronger line and will definitely make those hands as JJ/QQ to fold. But that's definitely an option to play it this way if we face an aggressive opponent, I tend also to balance my lines here and invite him to Bet. Cause if he is aggressive enough then they will take a stab here very often with very wide range.

As played
      River: Nah, I would just Check/Fold it, not a great spot to ship it your almost 100BB. Especially when SD/FD got there and he will rarely pay with just TP.

Best Regards.