[NL2-NL10] ATs

• w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      Party, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $4.73 (47.3 bb)
      MP1: $2.34 (23.4 bb)
      BB: $27.44 (274.4 bb)
      SB: $6.22 (62.2 bb)
      MP3: $16.01 (160.1 bb)
      MP2: $10.15 (101.5 bb)
      UTG+2: $4 (40 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $12.27 (122.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A T
      UTG+2 raises to $0.40, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.40, CO folds, Hero calls $0.40, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.35) 6 T J (3 players)
      UTG+2 bets $0.80, MP3 raises to $3.69, Hero raises to $11.87 and is all-in, UTG+2 calls $2.80 and is all-in, MP3 calls $8.18

Turn: ($28.69) K (3 players, 2 are all-in)
      River: ($28.69) T (3 players, 2 are all-in)

is my shove bad here?
  • 5 replies
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey w4terman,

Didn t saw you for a while. You play on PartyPoker? I mean maybe we played some hands since we play the same type and NL.
      Also about the hand I do think that you know to differ if this pair+FD is worth going broke against to opponents. I personally would decide depending how I see the MP3. I mean you didn t invest much so basically you dont loose much. All that I m would say you already know(multiway likely you got into set , equity decreases) so I will not say that much. I just wanted to salute you and maybe spot each other on the tables if you want.

P.S. I m kinda embaressed since I dont know but I also wanted to put the school signature? So how do I do it?
    • BogdanDr
      BogdanDr
      Bronze
      The question is if you shoud go all-in against MP!

If we consider that UTG is going to fold and we are only going to play against MP, we have to pay almoast 12$ to win 14$ so:

--against his calling range:
      Board: 6dThJd
      Equity Win Tie
      MP3 59.75% 59.73% 0.01% { JJ-TT, 66, JTs, KdQd, 9d8d }
      BU 40.25% 40.24% 0.01% { AdTd }
      As u can see a getting it in is not profitable.

--if you add bluffs to his range you get fold equity, so a call might become profitable, although in this spot his bluffing range should be very cautiously assessed.

If you think both plaers will call you, your equity against their posible calling range is:

Board: 6dThJd
      Equity Win Tie
      MP2 15.81% 15.44% 0.37% { JJ+, AJs, KJs+, QJs, AJo, KJo+, QJo }
      MP3 49.95% 49.67% 0.29% { JJ-TT, 66, JTs, KdQd, 9d8d }
      BU 34.24% 34.15% 0.09% { AdTd }

Personally I would fold in this spot, mainly because I don't think MP is bluffing all that often here and if I play for stacks I will play against the top of his range.
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      hello sikac !

yea i was not playing lately on partypoker cause i am trying some mtt on pokerstars ! i am also playing some live and i dont have that much time.

I will soon come back for sure !

whats your nickname on party poker ?

mp3 was some kind of a maniac thats the main reason i shoved here!
      he had JQ but the sort stack had a set :D

ps: the singature was on when we finised the poker school. i did not put it!
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w4terman
      hello sikac !

yea i was not playing lately on partypoker cause i am trying some mtt on pokerstars ! i am also playing some live and i dont have that much time.

I will soon come back for sure !

whats your nickname on party poker ?

mp3 was some kind of a maniac thats the main reason i shoved here!
      he had JQ but the sort stack had a set :D

ps: the singature was on when we finised the poker school. i did not put it!
      Yeah, I know about live poker giving you some loose action. Yeah I followed it. My nick is SashaVeliki. I knew that you shoved because he was a maniac at least I thought so but I also think you have to add this into the thread since it otherways it doesnt look good. At least you won the money from the maniac nice hand. If I see you Party gonna stay away from you! :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello w4terman,

It would basically depend a lot on the MP3 range here, we can't really make assumptions without knowing the opponent. Against very strong range like sets/strong draws -> strong made hands our equity isn't going to be enough here. So therefore I would even fold our hand.

Sikac, your signature is updated. :)

Best Regards.