BTN: $5.16 (103.2 bb)
      SB: $7.27 (145.4 bb)
      BB: $5.11 (102.2 bb)
      Hero (UTG+2): $5 (100 bb)
      MP1: $2 (40 bb)
      MP2: $2.29 (45.8 bb)
      MP3: $5.26 (105.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A A
      Hero raises to $0.20, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.20, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.20, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.67) Q 7 Q (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.45, MP2 calls $0.45, BTN folds

Standard C-Bet here I think. After he calls I'm thinking that he either has a Q and is slowplaying or doesn't have it and would try to bluff on a later street. So I thought I should play this hand as way ahead and way behind cause there aren't any draws that he could be calling. So should I have played like I did, Check/Call till showdown?

Turn: ($1.57) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

River: ($2.57) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Results: $3.57 pot ($0.15 rake)
      Final Board: Q 7 Q 2 7
      Hero showed A A and won $3.42 ($1.77 net)
      MP2 showed T T and lost (-$1.65 net)
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanDr
      BogdanDr
      Bronze
      I would actually bet the turn for value, especially on a card like this. He could still be having worse poket pairs that he would probably call again on the turn.

On the river I would check and depending on the bet size call or fold. If he bets really big, with no reads or history I would fold and of chorse, if I'm getting good pot odds I'm calling.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      I was prepared to fold to a big bet especially on the river. His bets were just too harmless to call. You are right he could have worse pocket pairs. Actually he could have
      1. worse pocket pair
      2. Q and could be slow-playing
      3. wanting to bluff

No draws possible so I don't put him on a draw. Case 1 I think he'd fold to a 2nd Barrel. Case 2 he'd probably raise now or on the river. Case 3 he'd fold to my 2nd Barrel again. Wouldn't it be better to follow a passive line hence the way ahead way behind approach.
    • BogdanDr
      BogdanDr
      Bronze
      Well your line in my opinion is too pasive and I think you are loosing value in the long term. Te might have one of the 2 Q from time to time and sometimes 77, but that's it for the range u are behin of.

If he is anyhow competent, he will realise that you will CB this board with your whole range, because it is very unlikely to have hit him, so he will probably call with alot of his pp and some A high.

On teh turn the 2 is a brick, that is very unlikely to hit his range at all, but also is very unlikely to hit yours. So, if he decided to call the Fl with his pocket pairs against your non paired range, this card shouldn't scare him off.

Also you shouldn't allways be afraid that he hit trips when you see a paired board.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello maheepsangari,

I would just Bet/Bet/Bet most likely or decide on the river what to do. They definitely have a lot worse hands also in their range and not only Qx. Kind of difficult to turn our hand into bluff-catcher there and if he starts to bet big.

Best Regards.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Ok, will keep that in mind.