Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (UTG): $5.08
      CO: $1.25
      BTN: $2.00
      SB: $1.90
      BB: $4.56

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02, CO posts DB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.05) Hero has 8:diamond: 9:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.10, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.78, BB calls $0.48

Flop: ($1.59, 2 players) Q:diamond: 7:diamond: Q:heart:
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.00, fold

Hero wins $1.53

Villain plays 17/17/2.

We were both deep, so I decided to bluff preflop. I didn't have much hands, but he seemed like a reg. Flop is nice, most likely he has AK, or maybe a low pocket pair. i cbeted and he folded.

I wonder how should i play if he raises? like, for example, if he raises to 2.5$? I think i would push in that case, because most of the time he will be bluffing. I don't think he would push with 77, and there's not a lot Q in his range. also, I think he would go broke with AA, KK preflop.

What if he push raise me on the flop? I would probably fold, because most of the time it will be play for value.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello staktas,

Nah, I don't like it at all. Especially you facing a nit person who is against you. Totally overplayed hand. :( Postflop of course is fine but it's a 4bet pot, so you could also make a smaller CB.

Best Regards.
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Well, i was isolating fish a lot, and now i thought, that maybe he saw that and have some 3bet bluffs in his range. If he calls, 78s have Pretty nice playability, especialy deep when i can get good implieds. If he pushes, i am out.

I recently started playing back to regs, like restealing with Ax, and 3betting if they isolating fish a lot. I know that maybe in nl2 that's not really neccesary, but i will need to do that in higher limits, so it's better to learn it here against weak regs.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, I am still not a huge fan without even seeing much of the opponent taking any stabs at us. Practically you are just thinking that he is 3betting you light as I understand -> because you were isolate/3betting a lot?
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Practically, yes.