This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH 89s

• staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (UTG): $5.08
      CO: $1.25
      BTN: $2.00
      SB: $1.90
      BB: $4.56

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02, CO posts DB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.05) Hero has 8:diamond: 9:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.10, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.78, BB calls $0.48

Flop: ($1.59, 2 players) Q:diamond: 7:diamond: Q:heart:
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.00, fold

Hero wins $1.53

Villain plays 17/17/2.

We were both deep, so I decided to bluff preflop. I didn't have much hands, but he seemed like a reg. Flop is nice, most likely he has AK, or maybe a low pocket pair. i cbeted and he folded.

I wonder how should i play if he raises? like, for example, if he raises to 2.5$? I think i would push in that case, because most of the time he will be bluffing. I don't think he would push with 77, and there's not a lot Q in his range. also, I think he would go broke with AA, KK preflop.

What if he push raise me on the flop? I would probably fold, because most of the time it will be play for value.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello staktas,

Nah, I don't like it at all. Especially you facing a nit person who is against you. Totally overplayed hand. :( Postflop of course is fine but it's a 4bet pot, so you could also make a smaller CB.

Best Regards.
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Well, i was isolating fish a lot, and now i thought, that maybe he saw that and have some 3bet bluffs in his range. If he calls, 78s have Pretty nice playability, especialy deep when i can get good implieds. If he pushes, i am out.

I recently started playing back to regs, like restealing with Ax, and 3betting if they isolating fish a lot. I know that maybe in nl2 that's not really neccesary, but i will need to do that in higher limits, so it's better to learn it here against weak regs.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, I am still not a huge fan without even seeing much of the opponent taking any stabs at us. Practically you are just thinking that he is 3betting you light as I understand -> because you were isolate/3betting a lot?
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Practically, yes.