[NL2-NL10] Folding if another spade hits?

• Greedyfly
      Greedyfly
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $2.00
      SB:
      $2.06
      BB:
      $2.69
      MP1:
      $0.77
      MP2:
      $2.24
      MP3 (Hero):
      $2.03
      CO:
      $1.70

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, 3 folds, BB calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.21) Q, 5, 2 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.16, BB calls $0.16.

Turn: ($0.53) Q (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.40, BB calls $0.40.

River: ($1.33) K (2 players)
      BB bets $0.95, Hero raises to $1.37, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.28.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Greedyfly,

You understand that any Qx beats you? :> You just turned your hand into bluff there and that's the only hand you beat there also by which you get called. Do you think he would ever bluff there?

Best Regards.
    • Greedyfly
      Greedyfly
      Bronze
      Felt if I hadn't the maniac would have shoved me off worse or his flush draw. Given his bet fold line at the end, this is the sort of player I run into all the time.
    • Greedyfly
      Greedyfly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Greedyfly,

You understand that any Qx beats you? :> You just turned your hand into bluff there and that's the only hand you beat there also by which you get called. Do you think he would ever bluff there?

Best Regards.
      Yeah I guess. But if I checked that turn he is definitely going to bet, in which case what do I do? Goes back to an earlier point that I made that the only time then in which I am betting for value is when there are literally no scare boards and how often does that happen?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, what do you think he is doing then? Donking the turn? If you bet the flop then you can easily also Bet the river and he could slowplay. ;)

And from your point -> he has to have the nuts on the river then. Isn't that true? I mean you were talking about that he Checked the turn but he didn't do that on the river.