cash-out in € with better exchange rate?

• 33 replies
    • Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      You cant change a thing, unless you are a VIP member and deposit more than 10k on moneybookers .
    • cubinis
      cubinis
      Bronze
      i don't know why but i pay 4%. i asked 888 they said they don't charge anything, i asked moneybookers they said they charger ~2%. so i don't understand where remaining 2% is missing...
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      888 converts the currency as it transfers. It looks like they're not charging but they really are.

They can use the excuse "exchange rate".
    • abcde23
      abcde23
      Bronze
      Yes, since 1/2 year 888 takes 4% for an "exchange". I thought everybody knows it. And the original question was if anybody knows how to reduce the loss under 2%. Does anybody know a method how to change $ in €?
    • darkod80
      darkod80
      Global
      simply do not cash out in euros,I did that once and exchange rate fee was outrageous
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Yea, I did that mistake last week. "Fee" is just too high. :(

But can I do anything if I want to withdraw in $ and have Skrill in €? And I'm not a VIP member, so I guess multi-currency in Skrill is not possible.

EDIT: I selected "withdraw in €" in 888 cashier. Would it be better to just withdraw in $ and let Skrill (Moneybookers) convert that in €?
    • cubinis
      cubinis
      Bronze
      EDIT: I selected "withdraw in €" in 888 cashier. Would it be better to just withdraw in $ and let Skrill (Moneybookers) convert that in €?
      So can anyone confirm if we withdraw in USD and our moneybookers is EUR we will pay only 2% for moneybookers or 4% for 888 and 2% for moneybookers?
    • T3rMiT3
      T3rMiT3
      Silver
      Originally posted by cubinis
      So can anyone confirm if we withdraw in USD and our moneybookers is EUR we will pay only 2% for moneybookers or 4% for 888 and 2% for moneybookers?
      great question... Waiting for a reply too
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by T3rMiT3
      Originally posted by cubinis
      great question... Waiting for a reply too
      Bump this question up. :)

So, can anyone confirm this?
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      We're checking for you :)
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      We're checking for you :)
      Ingi helpfull as always. ;)
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      after reading this, checked their rates for my last transactions. FML they're raping me with their conversion rates. 10K$ withdraw 400$ conversion costs!!! wtf, 888?!?
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Shevtshenko
      after reading this, checked their rates for my last transactions. FML they're raping me with their conversion rates. 10K$ withdraw 400$ conversion costs!!! wtf, 888?!?
      My withdrawal was not that big, but yeah...I was as surprised/shocked as you. That's why I wonder if we can withdraw in $ and let MB convert that to €, which would mean 2% conversion rates.

Quite sick, indeed.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Natalia is checking this for us, please bare with me guys. I'll only have answer on this tmw.
    • darkod80
      darkod80
      Global
      I think if you withdraw in $ you will be charged only by moneybookers. I am using visa and when withdrew in euros was charged by 888 and my bank's fee. When cashing out in $ I pay only my bank's fee
    • pappadjango
      pappadjango
      Bronze
      ok just for arguement sake to c for myself i did this.i deposited 100 dollars it cost me 78.01 euro then withdrew the same 100 dollars instantly and my moneybookers acc was credited 73.47 euro.i lost 4.54 euro as a result wtf
    • MissNatalia
      MissNatalia
      Bronze
      Hiya,

First of all to become a VIP on Skrill you need to deposit $2,000 not 10k. And yes, VIPs have lower FX fees.

And the best way to avoid higher fees is use the same currency.

I will look more deeply to your queries and try to get back asap.

BR,
      Nat.
    • cubinis
      cubinis
      Bronze
      we asked about 888 fees not about how to get moneybookers vip
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MissNatalia
      Hiya,

First of all to become a VIP on Skrill you need to deposit $2,000 not 10k. And yes, VIPs have lower FX fees.

And the best way to avoid higher fees is use the same currency.

I will look more deeply to your queries and try to get back asap.

BR,
      Nat.
      So it's enough to deposit 2k$ in one month to become Skrill vip? I wonder why i've never got the vip status then, since i've deposited over 2k$ more than a few times.