The sick hand that made me close my session today.

• mrkhaan
      Hand converted with online hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T, T.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, CO folds, BU calls $0.15, SB folds, BB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.47) 6, T, 9 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.36, BU raises to $0.72, BB raises to $2.35, Hero raises to $4.90, BU calls $1.75, BB calls $2.55.

Turn: ($12.74) 8 (3 players)

River: ($12.74) 6 (3 players)

Final Pot: $12.74.
      Results follow:

BB shows four of a kind, sixes(6 6).
      BU shows a full-house, nines full of sixes(9 9).
      Hero shows a full-house, tens full of sixes(T T).

BB wins with four of a kind, sixes(6 6).

Nice, uh? :s_biggrin:

I had a bad day, I was down 2BI mostly from bad beats (AA cracked by T6s with AI PF style) and bad set-ups, nothing really bothering until this hand. I am happy it occurred at the end of my session cause it stunted me. I am not angry at all but it left me with that "WTF???!!!...LOL!!!" feeling that put me out of focus and since I play 24 tables I cannot afford to lose focus a bit. I am almost happy I've seen it but I would have preferred to see it on TV in a big event than at my table costing me a BI. :tongue:
  • 5 replies
    • conquistadorrr
      Wow... it's not nice to sit on your end of that hand. But it happens. At least you decided to quit after that. A lot of players get hit with a hand like that and then keep getting hammered by "bad beats" which they caused themselves. :)

If I got such reaction on the flop I would worry about one of them having 78s and flopping a straight. But honestly, I have no idea what I would do. Probably the same you did. I wish you could post the hand for someone to evaluate it. It's from hands like this that I learned the most. You made me think here... :)

Should you really fold top set here?
    • mrkhaan
      If you ask me, I would never fold top set in this kind of situation, unless I know that I have a huge rock in front of me that only raises the nuts. It is nl5, at pokerstars, most of the time I will see TPTK, overpair or flush draw in spots like these. Flopped straight is a possibility, but due to the overall kamikaze style at this level, the 250+bb in the pot and the fact that I still have outs to make the absolute nuts, I think I have to call. I may have played it differently at a higher level, but at nl5 this is a no brainer for me.
    • alphabeat
      Snicker the flop says Sixty Nine
    • KozakFB
      Hows this for a sick hand :P

Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.106 by

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:heart: , A:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, 2 folds, BB calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.13) A:diamond: , 7:club: , 2:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.08, BB calls $0.08.

Turn: ($0.29) 2:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.06, Hero calls $0.06.

River: ($0.41) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.32, Hero raises to $0.82, BB raises to $2.02 (All-In), Hero calls $0.78 (All-In), BB gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $3.61

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ah Ac)
      BB shows four-of-a-kind, deuces (2h 2d)

BB wins with four-of-a-kind, deuces (2h 2d)

Almost wanted to fold river lol!
    • becky1464
      Originally posted by alphabeat
      Snicker the flop says Sixty Nine