[NL2-NL10] NL4, sh, KJ

• feverfew
      feverfew
      Bronze
      BTN was playing very loose, calling down or re-raising with 2nd pair or worse.

No Limit Hold'em $0.02/$0.04
      PartyPoker
      6 players
      Formatted by pokercopilot.com - Mac OS X hand history analysis and tracking

Stacks:
      UTG - ($1.14)
      MP - ($8.76)
      CO - Hero ($4.83)
      BTN - ($9.37)
      SB - ($3.79)
      BB - ($21.09)

Preflop: ($0.06, 6 players) Hero is CO with K :spade: J :diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, BTN calls $0.16, SB calls $0.14, 1 fold

Flop: 8 :club: 9 :heart: K :heart: ($0.52, 3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.37, BTN raises to $0.74, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.37

Turn: Q :diamond: ($2.00, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1.42, BTN raises to $2.84, Hero raises to $3.93 (all-in), ratatuy99 calls $1.09

River: 8 :heart: ($9.86, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Total Pot: $9.86
      BTN shows Q :heart: K :diamond: (two pairs, Kings and Queens)
      Hero mucks K :spade: J :diamond: ()

BTN wins $9.37 two pairs, Kings and Queens
  • 2 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, feverfew.

I'll ask Veriz for an evaluation on this one as I think it's a close spot (based on your reads). My point of view is:

1) position is paramount in poker. If there is a player like that immediately to your left, best thing to do at these limits is leave the table.

2) on that specific flop I'm bet/folding our hand. Yes, he will bluff me often. But I don't think we will profitably drag our hand until showdown - we still have two more streets to play out of position and stacks are getting in. I don't want to put my whole stack in (and we're even 120BB deep) with top pair 3rd kicker on a draw heavy board (where even there are many draws with good equity against us; we're basically flipping with A :heart: x :heart: etc.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello feverfew,

There is no point to Bet/Call the flop while you even are OOP. So therefore you should decide what to do right on the flop -> and my option would be pretty easy and standard towards just Bet/Folding here. Way too dangerous board to continue.

Best Regards.