This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4, sh, KJ

• feverfew
      feverfew
      Bronze
      BTN was playing very loose, calling down or re-raising with 2nd pair or worse.

No Limit Hold'em $0.02/$0.04
      PartyPoker
      6 players
      Formatted by pokercopilot.com - Mac OS X hand history analysis and tracking

Stacks:
      UTG - ($1.14)
      MP - ($8.76)
      CO - Hero ($4.83)
      BTN - ($9.37)
      SB - ($3.79)
      BB - ($21.09)

Preflop: ($0.06, 6 players) Hero is CO with K :spade: J :diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, BTN calls $0.16, SB calls $0.14, 1 fold

Flop: 8 :club: 9 :heart: K :heart: ($0.52, 3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.37, BTN raises to $0.74, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.37

Turn: Q :diamond: ($2.00, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1.42, BTN raises to $2.84, Hero raises to $3.93 (all-in), ratatuy99 calls $1.09

River: 8 :heart: ($9.86, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Total Pot: $9.86
      BTN shows Q :heart: K :diamond: (two pairs, Kings and Queens)
      Hero mucks K :spade: J :diamond: ()

BTN wins $9.37 two pairs, Kings and Queens
  • 2 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, feverfew.

I'll ask Veriz for an evaluation on this one as I think it's a close spot (based on your reads). My point of view is:

1) position is paramount in poker. If there is a player like that immediately to your left, best thing to do at these limits is leave the table.

2) on that specific flop I'm bet/folding our hand. Yes, he will bluff me often. But I don't think we will profitably drag our hand until showdown - we still have two more streets to play out of position and stacks are getting in. I don't want to put my whole stack in (and we're even 120BB deep) with top pair 3rd kicker on a draw heavy board (where even there are many draws with good equity against us; we're basically flipping with A :heart: x :heart: etc.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello feverfew,

There is no point to Bet/Call the flop while you even are OOP. So therefore you should decide what to do right on the flop -> and my option would be pretty easy and standard towards just Bet/Folding here. Way too dangerous board to continue.

Best Regards.