Petrificus playing poker

• Petrificus
      Petrificus
      Bronze
      What a nice alliteration in the title... ;-)

I also decided to write a blog about my experiences in the poker world, just to write it somewhere down and to get a little bit feedback. I am 21 years old by now and studying physics in germany. Heard about Pokerstrategy in another forum two months ago and decided to have a try. At the moment i'm playing SSS NL10 at Titan an running pretty good so far:

My real desire is to play BSS, since i think it is more interesting to play, because of the not so strict rules. That's why i am planing to start playing BSS as soon as i reach 150$. But before that i have to study all the articles, with what i am going to start today, after i have done something for my studies, of course ;-)

Nice sunday to everyone. C u soon...
  • 77 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hi Petrificus,

Good to see another blog on the English forum! Looks like you are doing quite well so far - I wish you luck with your transgression to BSS and hope to see interesting graphs and hands here :)

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • Petrificus
      Petrificus
      Bronze
      And so i have started yesterday with a pretty small session, just to have a try after reading the articles. Played NL0,04 and almost doubled up, because of this hand, in which i got probably very lucky:

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.33 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:diamond: , K:diamond:
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0,04, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, BU folds, SB calls $0,18, BB folds, UTG+2 calls $0,16.

Flop: ($0,64) Q:spade: , J:heart: , A:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $0,45, SB raises to $1,16, UTG+2 raises to $0,80 (All-In), Hero calls $0,71.

Turn: ($3,76) 9:spade: (2 players)
      SB raises $2,12 (All-In), Hero calls $2,12.

River: ($8,00) K:spade:

Final Pot: $8,00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      SB shows two pairs, aces and nines (A:spade: 9:heart:)
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and kings (A:diamond: K:diamond:)
      UTG+2 shows two pairs, kings and jacks (K:heart: J:diamond:)

I probably wouldn't have called the turn bet, if he hadn't played a backdoorflushdraw with an all in on the flop a few hands earlier (which he won).

Btw: Where is my graph gone? Perhaps i should choose another site. Any suggestions for imageuploads?
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Photobucket :) (Or tinypic.com/xs.to)
    • Petrificus
      Petrificus
      Bronze
      Little update:

My pic seems to have reappeared, so probably server problem, but i'll keep your advise in mind for the next pic ;-)

Played my next session today, because it went that good yesterday. Today it was actually better. 10$ up, so now at 120$, which is really great ;-) Doubled up with trips of 8 against KK and had nice four of a kind (also with 88), but he didn't call my All-in on the river. I think i could have played the hand better:

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.33 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8:diamond: , 8:club:
      Hero calls $0,04, 2 folds, BU raises to $0,20, SB calls $0,18, BB folds, Hero calls $0,16.

Flop: ($0,64) 8:spade: , 8:heart: , A:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BU bets $0,64, SB folds, Hero calls $0,64.

Turn: ($1,92) 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1,92, Hero calls $1,92.

River: ($5,76) 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,61 (All-In), BU folds.

Final Pot: $8,37

Hero shows four of a kind, eights (8:diamond: 8:club:)

I think he had the ace and was frightenend of the flush, that's why he betted the flop and the turn. Not sure how i could make him bet his whole stack here. I'll post it in the hand evalutation forum anyway, but you are, of course, welcome to share your thoughts here as well.

I'll keep on playing BSS. Works great :D
    • Petrificus
      Petrificus
      Bronze
      Everything is slowing down at the moment. It's like everyone folds, when i have strong hands like aces or so anf if i'm trying to bluff someone does a check raise and makes me folding and loosing money. This hand describes it in a good way:

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A:heart: , K:club:
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0,04, Hero raises to $0,20, 7 folds, UTG+1 calls $0,16.

Flop: ($0,46) Q:club: , 5:spade: , 5:club: (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0,40, UTG+1 raises to $0,32 (All-In).

Turn: ($1,18) 3:club:
      River: ($1,18) K:diamond:

Final Pot: $1,18

Hero shows two pairs, kings and fives (A:heart: K:club:)
      UTG+1 shows a full-house, fives full of queens (Q:spade: 5:diamond:)

Hope it's getting better the next days, but actually it wasn't that bad, since i didn't loose really much money.
    • Petrificus
      Petrificus
      Bronze
      Hi,

since there was no real improvement the past days, i'll switch back to the SSS. I am down to 100$, which is my border of playing BSS. I noticed, that my game isn't good enough jet. Especially i get unconcentrated when there are no good hands to play or if, as described at the top, everyone folds on my strong hands. I am not really able to extract the money from my opponents, if i hit a made hand or so and have wrong timing with my bluffes.
      So, my game needs a lot of improvement, which means, i should read more articles, whatch more vid's and post more hands and read more hands which are there to evaluate. Because of time-lacking i think that will take a lot of time, and for this time i'll play again SSS.
      As conclusion; my journey to the BSS was interesting, but didn't increase my joy of playing. So one more SSS at Titan again ;-)

And why should i actually switch my style pf playing, since it worked so good so far? And i earn more Strategy Points, because i'll play a higher Limit again.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hi Petrificius

You should not change your playingstyle as long as you are satisfied with the results and enjoy playing.
      Your conclusions are totally right. Just keep on improving your skills and you will climb up the limits pretty soon.
      I keep an eye on your blog. ;)

best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Petrificus
      Petrificus
      Bronze
      Yep, am i'm looking forward to play NL25 one day... But had a nice hand today; Did my luck return...?

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.42 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , A:heart:
      UTG+1 calls $0,10, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $0,20, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,60, SB calls $0,55, BB calls $0,50, UTG+1 folds, MP2 raises to $1,32 (All-In), Hero raises to $1,95 (All-In), SB raises to $2,67, BB folds.

Flop: ($6,64) K:club: , 9:diamond: , 8:club:
      Turn: ($6,64) Q:club:
      River: ($6,64) A:spade:

Final Pot: $6,64

SB shows three of a kind, kings (K:heart: K:diamond:)
      Hero shows three of a kind, aces (A:diamond: A:heart:)
      MP2 shows three of a kind, queens (Q:diamond: Q:heart:)

Hero wins with three of a kind, aces (A:diamond: A:heart:)

Exept this hand it didn't run good today, had a few bad beats, wrong timing for contibets and so on... Doesn't matter.

Nice weekend for everybody
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Bronze
      Haha! Everyone just like "Yes I hit my set". And then a nice river turn up :D

Sick hand! SICK!
    • Petrificus
      Petrificus
      Bronze
      Well, as said earlier i switched back to SSS and now win money again ;-). Took a short look at SH NL5, which was pretty fun, since you play lot more hands, but one player played me out two times and so i left. But, however, it was a nice experience.
      My session today on NL10 went pretty good. Almost 10$ up, so no things to complain about.
      My next goal is to reach the 200$ until end of June, which should be reachable. But i want to give me this time, since there are more important things to do.

Wish you good luck at the tables

Until then
    • Petrificus
      Petrificus
      Bronze
      Hm, i think i'll take a small break from poker, since i feel that i'm not reallly concentrated playing SSS. Actually it is important to built up a bankroll for playing BSS which i should do with SSS, just because it worked so good for me. I know that if i'm playing seriously i can reach the 200$, but i'm not playing good at the moment (might be the top weather) and i don't want to donk down my bankroll to start again at 50$ or so.
      So, i'll be off for a week or so.

Have a nice time

C u soon

And good cards to all of you.
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Good decision to take a little break when u are feeling not concentrated on poker, enjoy the weather and see you soon!
    • Petrificus
      Petrificus
      Bronze
      Hey,

well, i turned back to poker a few days ago and played on with SSS and lost in each 3 out of the 4 sessions i played 4 buy-ins, which pretty much disturbed me.
      I decided to play NL5 SH with a buy in of 3$, that i had around 30 buy ins, which seemed to be a good BRM for me.

Finally i got my joy for playing back and earned already 20$, which gives me confidence in my play. I also think that playing SH tables really improves my game , since i have to think about the hands more deeply than in the SSS, just because i get to know more and more different situations. Playing SSS i often felt to be holded back. And it is imo much better to post these kind of hands than those of SSS, which i will do in the future more often.

So, i'm really starting at the lowest limits possible with BB of 0.02$ and am ready to climb the long ladder ;-)
    • Petrificus
      Petrificus
      Bronze
      Hey, at the moment i still enjoy playing NL3 (that's how i will call it) and am scratching the 120$ border but just can't cross it. My plan is to play NL5 (BB 0.04$) with 125$. I feel pretty safe playing there, cause i'm concentrated enough and often succeed in putting my opponents on a certain hand range.
      I liked this guy, who thought i wanted to rebluff him :D

Titan Poker "TURBO" Perugia 0.01/0.02, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

saw flop | [color:#C00000]saw showdown[/color]

Button ($5.13)
      SB [color:#C00000]SB ($3.32)[/color]
      BB ($3.48)
      UTG ($4.85)
      UTG+1 Hero ($3.69)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J :diamond: J :spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to 0.08, 1 fold, SB raises to 0.26, 1 fold, Hero calls 0.18.

Flop (0.54) 9 :heart: K :heart: 7 :heart:
      SB bets 3.06, 1 fold

SB shows 9 :spade: 8 :spade:

SB wins 3.60 with One pair, Nines

Titan Poker "TURBO" Perugia 0.01/0.02, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

saw flop | [color:#C00000]saw showdown[/color]

Button ($4.05)
      SB ($4.81)
      BB [color:#C00000]Hero ($6.57)[/color]
      UTG ($1.89)
      UTG+1 [color:#C00000]UTG+1 ($2.85)[/color]

Preflop: Hero is in the BB with T :diamond: T :heart:
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls 0.02, Button calls 0.02, SB calls 0.01, Hero raises to 0.12, UTG+1 calls 0.10, 2 folds.

Flop (0.28) T :spade: 8 :diamond: 8 :spade:
      Hero checks, UTG+1 checks.

Turn (0.28) 4 :heart:
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets 0.14, Hero raises to 6.45, UTG+1 moves all-in for 2.59.

River (9.46) K :club:

UTG+1 shows 5 :club: A :heart:
      Hero shows T :diamond: T :heart:

Hero wins 9.46 with A full house, Tens and Eights
    • Petrificus
      Petrificus
      Bronze
      I finally managed to achieve the 125$ and start playing NL5 SH from now on. As soon as i fall back to 100$ i will switch back to the lower limit, but i hope i won't have to do that ;-)
      It was a hard way, but i made it and am pretty convinced, that i will beat NL5 too.
    • Petrificus
      Petrificus
      Bronze
      Well, i also wanted to post my stats according to Elephant here. Would be nice if someone comments it, because i have not a real clue what they might tell me.

LINK: http://i28.tinypic.com/24ccj9f.jpg

Hm, i make more rake than winning money... :evil:
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      I think it's better to stick to SSS on NL10 for a beginning, instead of NL2 BSS..

As for your stats, your VPIP(voluntary put $ in pot, in other words the percent of hands you play) is much higher than it should be for tight agresssive full-ring player(if you play full ring actually, I don't know).
      For FR it should be like 11-16VPIP and 8-10 pre-flop raise.
    • Petrificus
      Petrificus
      Bronze
      Hey, no i play NL5 SH, so i guess it is ok, that my Vpip is a little bit higher?
      I stopped playing SSS, because i was bound to too many rules and didn't play my best game there. I know that SH is much more difficult to play than FR, cause you need to play more hands, but that's exactly what i want, cause i hope to learn more doing that.
      But what does WtSDwsF and W$@SD mean?
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      I thought you were playing FR, sorry. For SH I guess it's ok

W$@SD is Won $ At Showdown and shows the percent of winning a showdown.

W$WSF is won $ when saw flop percent

wtsdwsf is went to showdown when saw flop percent :)

GL!