[NL2-NL10] Handling Queens

• RazDirk
      RazDirk
      Bronze
      Im having trouble handling Queens vs Reg. I know against a reg if he\she open raises and I 3Bet my Queens I will only get 4Bet/Called with KK+ and anything else Im losing value.
      Is there a street on the hand where I should have been aggressive & made a statement saying I have an overpair or was the fold bad?

Blinds - 0.01/0.02

Player Info
      Hands Tracked - 254
      VP$IP - 18%
      Raise Preflop - 12%
      AF - 2.0
      W$SD - 40
      Villain Size - $2
      Hero Stack - $2

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:diamond: , Q:club:
      UTG1 raises to $0.08, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.08, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0.19) T:spade: , 8:diamond: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16.

Turn: ($0.51) 9:club: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $0.42, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $0.93
  • 3 replies
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Personally I would 3bet QQ pre unless I know for sure that villain is only calling or 4betting with better. I think in reality he wil call with AK\AQ\JJ at nl2. Only the tightest of the regs there won't in my experience.

On the flop and turn villain could easily be playing some unpaired overcards with a FD in this way and I would raise the flop to protect my hand. Obviously any A, K or spade on the turn would be pretty bad but at least you would get some folds on the flop and at the least make villain pay to draw out on you.

As played, you've actually gained some equity on the turn and I would raise it. You have a gut shot so you can still suckout on the river even if you're behind plus you will be protecting your hand from FD's and hands like AK\AQ\JJ drawing out on you.

Just my 2 cents!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello RazDirk,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: Kind of difficult to analyze while you even don't see stacks. :( Either how deep you are, how much does UTG1 have. Basically both options are fine.

As played
      Postflop: Picking the passive approach is fine if you doubt that he is 2nd barreling with just FD or such type of hands or for example ain't CBetting at all that much. Cause the only reasonable hand what you could beat here is JJ. As long you picked passive approach preflop then I don't mind your play.

Best Regards.
    • RazDirk
      RazDirk
      Bronze
      sorry about missing out on the stack size, did update that :D

And yes I did take the passive approach coz he raised UTG and I assumed maybe he'd only 4bet/Call with KK+