How To Earn Strategy Points

• 12 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hello :)

To earn strategy points you just have to play on a tracked account thats all it takes the more you play the more strategy points you get simples.

You can buy Strategy Points too but if you have a tracked account it makes much more sense to play then it doesn't take a chunk out of your bankroll.

Where are you playing at the minute? and what games?

Good to hear you have been treated well in the forums too, do you have a favorite section of the forums?

Let me know if i can help out in any other way

Carl
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      Hi PSR74033902, (wow what a mouthful! how did you think up that name?)

You can find out all everything you need about our Strategy points by following this link.

If you have any questions or need clarifications, don't hesitate to let us know.

smiles,
      wendy
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      I wish I could earn points :( Consider yourself lucky to be able to earn points imo...

I stuffed up all my accounts one way or another..either through downloading from the rooms site rather than PS or not entering the sign up code :(
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey KozakFB,

Surely there is still some other options for you with all our partner rooms?

If you need some help choosing a room, you should definitely check out this thread too :)

Best regards,
      Gary
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Originally posted by KozakFB
      I wish I could earn points :( Consider yourself lucky to be able to earn points imo...

I stuffed up all my accounts one way or another..either through downloading from the rooms site rather than PS or not entering the sign up code :(
      I had a similar problem. I had an account with PokerStars before I joined Pokerstrategy.com so I made another account on Pokerstars through pokerstrategy.com with another username.Then I mailed pokerstars support explainig to them that I just discovered that having multiple accounts is against their policy so i wanted to bring to their notice that I have 2 accounts and wanted to close the first one as I didn't like its username or give some reason like that. Infact you could just mail them and tell them you wanna close the original one and wanna open a new one cause you want a different username and you don't have to have multiple accounts at anytime to be on the safe side.
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maheepsangari

I had a similar problem. I had an account with PokerStars before I joined Pokerstrategy.com so I made another account on Pokerstars through pokerstrategy.com with another username.Then I mailed pokerstars support explainig to them that I just discovered that having multiple accounts is against their policy so i wanted to bring to their notice that I have 2 accounts and wanted to close the first one as I didn't like its username or give some reason like that. Infact you could just mail them and tell them you wanna close the original one and wanna open a new one cause you want a different username and you don't have to have multiple accounts at anytime to be on the safe side.
      Yes, but you can only open a new acc, if you haven't played much on stars. Otherwise they will tell you, that is not fair for the other players.

I had the chance to open a second acc and sign in with the code from Strategy, but after 6 month they have disconnect the tracking, because my first accc was not tracked. :rage:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze

Hey guys,

I think the above advise is NOT a good idea.

If I'm completely honest, I would NEVER ever think about this. The terms and conditions of our partner rooms clearly state that multiple accounts are NOT allowed.

Setting up secondary accounts with the intent to track to an affiliate means that the Poker Room loses out on a certain % of that players rake. This obviously would not make sense for the Poker room to allow and therefore it doesn't happen.

If you were to email them and tell them that you wanted to close your account with the purpose of opening a second one, it will most likely lead you to be banned COMPLETELY from that site and have ALL of your funds confiscated for breaching their terms and conditions. Which they would have every right to do.

PokerStars also regularly un-track accounts where they notice someone has duplicate accounts to be tracked to affiliates, in cases where players are not banned from the site

I have seen that happen in the past and I really wouldn't like to see it again.

Best regards,
      Gary
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Does Pokerstars even give something to this site, that they are losing so big it's better to not have players tracked from Pokerstrategy.com?

Pokerstars is never in any promotions, no bonuses nothing, I haven't seen anything in ages, when other poker rooms just throw money away with promotions just to get players. Is there really anything that Pokerstars loses except just for sending reports of how many points people have gotten? It looks like the only difference of player signing up through Pokerstrategy.com or just straight up going to pokerstars.com and signing up is the strategy points and it's not like those strategy points cost Pokerstars money.
      Am I right or am I missing something?
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      PokerStars have it in their Affiliate Agreement that no affiliate may run promotions that would make it more beneficial to played tracked through them over others playing untracked.

This is the reason that PokerStars is not part of the Top250 monthly promotion for $80,000, nor have any partner-specific room promotions through PokerStrategy.com

If you know of any other training sites who do offer benefits for playing tracked through them on PokerStars, I would advice you report them as this is a breach of their contract and they would more than likely either lose their affiliation or have to pay a significant fine.

Regards,
      Richard
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Well that explains everything. Thanks, fruktpuff :f_thumbsup:
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle

Hey guys,

If I'm completely honest, I would NEVER ever think about this. The terms and conditions of our partner rooms clearly state that multiple accounts are NOT allowed.

Setting up secondary accounts with the intent to track to an affiliate means that the Poker Room loses out on a certain % of that players rake. This obviously would not make sense for the Poker room to allow and therefore it doesn't happen.

If you were to email them and tell them that you wanted to close your account with the purpose of opening a second one, it will most likely lead you to be banned COMPLETELY from that site and have ALL of your funds confiscated for breaching their terms and conditions. Which they would have every right to do.

PokerStars also regularly un-track accounts where they notice someone has duplicate accounts to be tracked to affiliates, in cases where players are not banned from the site

Best regards,
      Gary
      I only want to say it clearly: I have asked stars at first, if it is allowed for me to create a new account. Because I don't like the name of my old one. And I had a good reason for my new name. :D
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle

Hey guys,

Best regards,
      Gary
      I agree with what Gary said, what I did was extremely risky and even unethical but honestly when I made the second account through pokerstrategy.com I didn't know multiple accounts weren't allowed. I never used both the accounts at the same time and there was gaps of months between using them sometime. When I found out that multiple accounts was a serious problem, thats when I shot them a mail telling them myself that I had multiple accounts before they figured out and requested them to close one of them. I told them that the first username revealed my identity as it was practically my whole name and that I made the second one to fix that problem. Maybe I got lucky.

I am not advising you to make multiple accounts. You could probably just ask them if you could make a new account as you aren't happy with your username if they say yes, fair enough, if they deny then you can't do anything. I don't think they should ban you for asking.