[NL20-NL50] Nl20 KQ

• jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      The MP is a 27/19 and 44wtsd over small sample, co is a 74/44 fish, btn a 15/11 nit.

$0.10/$0.20 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($3.80)
      UTG+1 ($30.49)
      CO ($22.42)
      BTN ($20.76)
      SB ($19.10)
      hero (BB) ($22.17)

Pre-Flop: ($0.30, 6 players) hero is BB K:diamond: Q:spade:
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.60, CO calls $0.60, BTN calls $0.60, 1 fold, hero calls $0.40

Flop: 7:diamond: 9:diamond: K:heart: ($2.50, 4 players)
      hero bets $2, UTG+1 calls $2, CO calls $2, CO folds

Turn: 7:spade: ($8.50, 3 players)
      hero bets $5, UTG+1 calls $5, UTG+1 folds

River: 5:heart: ($18.50, 2 players)
      hero ?????

I couldnt decide whats the best play pre, I could sqeeze, but if the MP calls, fish definitely calls(he would probably call even if MP folds) so then I should have to play huge pot OOP multiway so I decided to flat.

On the flop I decided to donk, cause I think theres is plenty of value from weaker K and bunch of draws and stronger hands(except AK probably)might raise me, so I'd easily let go.
      The turn is a blank in my eyes so I continue valuebetting.
      On the river only 86 got there, any Kx would probably call a shove, but not much more. So could I shove here? Villains wtsd=44 but on only 100hand sample. Also, his AF is like 1.7 so if I check, do I ch/c?
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jachis,

Preflop: Calling here OOP with KQo which is really bad for multiway pots is really horrible. Either squeeze or just fold.

As played
      Postflop: Check/Fold the river, I don't really see what you beat there vs the PFA and how many worse hands Call you. :)

Best Regards.
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      If we are squeezing KQo OOP is the sole purpose to take down the pot? Or can it also be for thin value against the right opponents?
      What about calling KQs in this spot? Or same decision as KQo?
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      Postflop: Check/Fold the river, I don't really see what you beat there vs the PFA and how many worse hands Call you. smile

You don't think he has bluffs in his range on the river (e.g. JT, A :diamond: x, combodraws) Wouldn't he raise sets and maybe AK on flop to protect in 4way pot?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by lpdlamei
      Postflop: Check/Fold the river, I don't really see what you beat there vs the PFA and how many worse hands Call you. smile

You don't think he has bluffs in his range on the river (e.g. JT, A :diamond: x, combodraws) Wouldn't he raise sets and maybe AK on flop to protect in 4way pot?
      Well, of course he could have those type of hands there but as long I just have few assumptions on the opponent and don't even know if he is capable of bluffing I wouldn't Check/Call while even not seeing what's the Bet size.

Well, good example for you. A PS reg: Flop Set on Drawy board And still slowplaying.

Even a reg didn't raise with set on a drawy board, so yes. I also this kind of villain is capable of slowplaying. Also usually vs passive villain rather to turn my hand into bluff-catcher I would block-bet/Fold more often.
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      I didn't watch the villains properly. For some reason I thought he was playing vs a regular. I still think me reasoning stands for a regular. I believe you have to make assumptions to narrow peoples ranges. Of course sometimes he will show up with a set but not that often.

This guy might slowplay a bit more but I still think in multiway pot it doesn't happen often. + this guy will also call more with marginal holdings then regular. I like a small bet vs this guy. He can call KJ, KT, QQ-TT.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, then as I said -> Block-bet/Fold is much better idea. ;) He isn't betting those hands on river.
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      Yes I agree with that :)