PKR Any good?

• Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      So, how do you all find life at the PKR tables? For me the software seems quite laggy but I'm tempted to move my roll there to clear FDB and get some rakeback.

What's it like for multi-tabling and using a hud?
  • 5 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Wurble,

As far as I know you are not able to use HUD's on PKR. Although the software may not be the most user friendly, there is now PKR LITE, which is a version that runs without all the avartars and emotions etc meaning that game flow is alot smoother. You will still have the option to revert back to the other software if you prefer as both download on your computer.

Because of the great software it attracts alot of new players meaning games are soft. Through PokerStrategy.com you get 30% flat rakeback + access to any rake races.

Check out the following link for more info:

PKR

Thanks
      Patrick
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Thanks Patrick. Do you know how simple it would be to clear a $200 bonus playing nl5\10 sh? I've no idea what the site's like for multi-tabling although I've heard 4 tables is ok... Is this right?

I have opened up a play money table there and I didn't like it at all but the prospect of tables full of fish + FDB + rakeback outweighs the annoying software if I can at least get a decent number of tables going!
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      It's been a while since I played PKR. But when I signed up I think the FBD was like 50% rakeback. So $200 would be tough but clearable on NL10. Prob about 70-80k hands needed.

I never played PKR Lite so couldn't tell you what is like. But 4-tabling standard is ok. Might take you a while to get used to the software. Anything after that wrecked my head.

And if you look through this forum somebody from another community developed some software that converts your PKR hand histories to Stars hand histories so the hud works quite well with that.

EDIT: PKR Hud
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wurble
      Thanks Patrick. Do you know how simple it would be to clear a $200 bonus playing nl5\10 sh? I've no idea what the site's like for multi-tabling although I've heard 4 tables is ok... Is this right?

I have opened up a play money table there and I didn't like it at all but the prospect of tables full of fish + FDB + rakeback outweighs the annoying software if I can at least get a decent number of tables going!
      Very true, but in my experience that is what hurt me the most. The unbelievable donks on that site causing bad beats a lot more often than on any other sites I've played. Good luck. Let us know how it worked out for you.
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Thanks for the responses guys... And cheers for the link Holmeboy!

JazBenz... The key to overcoming variance is volume ;) Play enough hands against them and the fishes are just like ATM's!