SB: $2.00
      Hero (BB): $2.27
      UTG: $1.02
      UTG+1: $2.25
      MP: $4.43
      MP+1: $0.41

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has 2:diamond: T:diamond:

UTG calls $0.02, fold, MP calls $0.02, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.08, 4 players) 2:heart: 2:club: 2:spade:
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks

Turn: ($0.08, 4 players) J:heart:
      SB bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08, fold, MP raises to $0.16, SB raises to $1.98 and is all-in, Hero calls $1.90 ???

Hello,

Not much samples, but there are two aggressive players(SB/MP) on the turn so I only called SB bets. Then SB suddenly shoves, would it make any different whether I called or shoves here? What hands do you think he would fold if I shoved here?

Thanks,
      cpers
  • 4 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, cpers!

Turn - I don't think calling or shoving makes any difference at all in this spot. We will have like $0,3 behind and still the river to play, so he should fold or continue with absolutely the same hands.

However , on the Flop I'm always betting there myself - especially considering it's a limped and multiway pot. At these limits, by fa the most common mistake is for people to call too much and not fold enough. In this spot, they are calling (or raising) with any pocket pair and I even doubt they would fold any ace. Therefore, we should strive to build the pot from the flop so we have a nice one by the river. It would be a disaster if everyone checked the flop around, right?
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Originally posted by luizsilveira
      However , on the Flop I'm always betting there myself - especially considering it's a limped and multiway pot. At these limits, by fa the most common mistake is for people to call too much and not fold enough. In this spot, they are calling (or raising) with any pocket pair and I even doubt they would fold any ace. Therefore, we should strive to build the pot from the flop so we have a nice one by the river. It would be a disaster if everyone checked the flop around, right?
      :f_biggrin: I knew somebody would say that. I basically know about this, it's just so hard to do it. I always so afraid the villain would fold if I bet when I hit big on the flop. I need to discipline myself :f_mad: Tx, luiz.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cpers
      :f_biggrin: I knew somebody would say that. I basically know about this, it's just so hard to do it. I always so afraid the villain would fold if I bet when I hit big on the flop. I need to discipline myself :f_mad: Tx, luiz.
      Bet when you're ahead and fold when you're behind. Easy game :D

j/k, easier said than done.

But if the opponents fold when you have a strong hand, so be it. If they have weak hands they won't pay you off big anyway so slowplaying will not help you.

You will lose so much much more slowplaying your monsters when they have strong hands than you ever will gain by slowplaying your monsters when they have a weak hand anyway. Especially at these limits where people are so eager to call big with any sort of crap/draw/etc.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cpers,

Just call, you wont lose anything here, you will just drag the other guy in. :D But neither wouldn't change much if you even ship. Checking the flop is fine, we can consider over-shoving at some point when overcard comes.

Best Regards.