This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Sh25 - Coldcalling range of TAG

• chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $38,55
      BU:
      $25

0,15/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Same opponent as above
      FtoCB = 49%
      3B = 6%

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , 8:club:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,75, BU calls $0,75, 2 folds.

Flop: ($1,90) 7:heart: , 5:spade: , 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1,6, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

What coldcalling range should i put such player on? Once heard (VPIP-3B)/2 is a good start which would be a 7% range which mostly consists of PPs and SCs?
      So i shouldn't make a cbet.

Final Pot: $1,90
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello chocular77,

Well, as I know you are using HEM? You have there such an option to select the pop-up. There is a stat called Call Open. That will tell you what kind of calling range he will have there. :) According that you can base your actions.

Although myself I would still CB the flop and often times consider even 2nd barreling. We have overcards+backdoor_FD+GS. :) And of course some fold equity.

Best Regards.
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Hi,

Yes i use HEM, thx for the info on the Call Open stat.
      He has a 9% range and a 7% 3B range so i tailored a range containing pp, SC, some broadways and suited Aces.

Should even have enough foldequity to make a cbet of 1.2 nearly profitable even if he floats me sometimes. + Can still get better as you pointed out.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      That kind of Call open is pretty small -> towards to PPs. So you could as well just Check/Fold it there which is totally fine.