Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $38,55
      BU:
      $25

0,15/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Same opponent as above
      FtoCB = 49%
      3B = 6%

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , 8:club:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,75, BU calls $0,75, 2 folds.

Flop: ($1,90) 7:heart: , 5:spade: , 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1,6, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

What coldcalling range should i put such player on? Once heard (VPIP-3B)/2 is a good start which would be a 7% range which mostly consists of PPs and SCs?
      So i shouldn't make a cbet.

Final Pot: $1,90
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello chocular77,

Well, as I know you are using HEM? You have there such an option to select the pop-up. There is a stat called Call Open. That will tell you what kind of calling range he will have there. :) According that you can base your actions.

Although myself I would still CB the flop and often times consider even 2nd barreling. We have overcards+backdoor_FD+GS. :) And of course some fold equity.

Best Regards.
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Hi,

Yes i use HEM, thx for the info on the Call Open stat.
      He has a 9% range and a 7% 3B range so i tailored a range containing pp, SC, some broadways and suited Aces.

Should even have enough foldequity to make a cbet of 1.2 nearly profitable even if he floats me sometimes. + Can still get better as you pointed out.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      That kind of Call open is pretty small -> towards to PPs. So you could as well just Check/Fold it there which is totally fine.