Quick question

• nobodylikesanangrybanana
      nobodylikesanangrybanana
      Bronze
      Is there any way I can see where i put my 50$ after finishing the quiz? Or is that information included in the e-mail I'll get when it is transferred?

Regards

nobodylikesanangrybanana
  • 16 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hi there.

Nice name by the way :D

I'm not sure i fully understand the question (I can be a bit slow sometimes) have you passed the quiz already? and then you want to know where your $50 starting capital is going?

If so you need to download one of the rooms that the starting capital is available, you can find the list here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/quiz/platform/

Select the room you would like to play at and then follow the instructions carefully remembering to use the PokerStrategy.com link and/or marketing code.

Hope this answers your question if not let me know what else you are struggling with and i'll try and help you out some more

Carl
      nobodylikesanangrybanana
      Bronze
      Thank you for your reply!

The dilemma here is that I seem to remember signing up to a site (your preferred texas hold'em-site) after the quiz, because the step-by-step guide told me to.

Or am I just going astray? :f_o: Let me rephrase: What's going to happen when I get my e-mail confirming that my money has been transferred? And where are they transferred? :)

Regards

nobodylikesanangrybanana
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey again,

Sorry for the late relpy i fell asleep at my laptop :facepalm:

So i see you signed up with us 2 days ago on the 22nd is that when you took the quiz? After the quiz did you download and install a poker rooms software?

You see, we can't transfer the $50 until you have signed up and registered (using the PokerStrategy.com codes) to a poker room then come back to us and entered your username on the instructions page, does any of this sound familiar to you?

If not then click my link in my first post and choose a room from there, If you have downloaded some software then can you remember which site you picked or which stage of the instructions you got to?

Any more info would be great so i can try to figure out which stage you are at :)

All the best

Carl
      nobodylikesanangrybanana
      Bronze
      Hello, no need to apologize ^^

I've found the solution; when I was registering at the site, I was actually filling in the details of an account that doesn't exist (surprise surprise) for you to transfer the 50$ to.

So now I'll just create an account at Poker770, and then I'll ask for you to transfer the money to that account. Actually, exactly how do I do that? ^^ The part where I need to give you my accountname again? ?(

EDIT: I've now created an account, and would like some help with the transfer... again... :rolleyes:

Btw, when I logged in to my new account at Poker770 I had a balance of 1,000 "Play money"... what does that mean? Is this some kind of welcome bonus? Or is it completely useless? ^^

Regards

nobodylikesanangrybanana
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Ok so if you are choosing 770 as your room then you should click this link: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/quiz/platform/56/ Or alternatively on that first link just click the little gold banner that says get your $50 at Poker770.

Then just follow the instructions to the letter thats it basically you download poker 770 via our links when asked for a bonus or marketing code you enter our code if 770 asks for one that is.

Once you have finished filling out your registration form at 770 you just come back to the instructions page and enter your user name and that should be everything.

Anything you need me to clear up any further?

Carl
      nobodylikesanangrybanana
      Bronze
      I read through the ticket I got from the support team and I think I've straighten things out now ^^ Although I couldn't fill in my nickname in the golden box (there was a checkmark in it already since I had failed to put in a existing nickname), the support team asked me to reply my nickname in the ticket, so now it's all good.

Thank you very much for your time and patience! =)

Regards

nobodylikesanangrybanana
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      No problem at all :)

Enjoying your time at PokerStrategy.com so far? think you will be here for a while?

Have you read any of the basic articles yet whilst you're waiting for the $$$ to be transfered?
      nobodylikesanangrybanana
      Bronze
      Actually, the last two days, poker has been all I can think about. :f_cool: ^^,

I have scrolled through some of the articles, and I've borrowed a book from the library, "Sklansky on Poker theory" and started the quite heavy reading. Talking about books, do you guys have any tips on good literature to read if you want to learn some basic strategy, like lowball etc.?

Regards

nobodylikesanangrybanana
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      We have a Poker Media board where theres alot of threads about which books to read, I'll rob one of my posts from there.

I've read alot of good reviews for "Sklansky on Poker theory" so thats also a good rent from the library ;)
      -------------
      The first ever book I read was "Holden on Hold'em" by Anthony Holden.

It isnt a very complicated book at all, I understood it when I was still learning the basics, I'd recommend this to everyone!

I also read "Getting Started in Hold 'em" by Ed Miller which was a great read.

These are the only two I've read and stick out, can probably pick them up cheap on Ebay too :P

I've heard good reviews about "Small Stakes Hold'em" by Ed Miller too.
      -------------

I personally think that watching the Videos here is far more productive, as you can actually watch all the hands, not just the interesting ones that books give you. You also here the opinions from the Coach about each move he makes! Have you seen any yet? :)
      nobodylikesanangrybanana
      Bronze
      Thank you for all the useful tips :D I'll make sure to look them up! :)

No, I haven't seen any of the videos, but I'll definately check the mout right away, thank you :)

Considering all the quick replies and warm welcome, I think I'll stay on this forum for quite a while :) I see a future full constant learning, which I haven't come across before on any other forum :) I think I can learn a lot here :D

Again, thank you for your warm welcome and quick replies, helps a lot! :f_grin:

Regards

nobodylikesanangrybanana
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      No problem that's what we're here for so just shout if you need anything or have any questions at all. That is also one of my tips by the way, make sure you ask lots of questions however simple you think they might be. One of the key parts of becoming a winner is to make sure you completely understand all the concepts you are learning so don't be afraid to ask.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Oh yeah and also i agree with Matt the videos are great for seeing the written theory put into practice. And there are plenty to keep you busy, even at basic status
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Glad you've decided to stick around Angry Banana! (Do you mind me calling you this? Its alot easier than that essay you have :P )

You'll be a great addition to the community I'm sure :f_biggrin:
      nobodylikesanangrybanana
      Bronze
      @ExternalUseOnly

Ok I will! :f_grin:

@MattDenness

Of course not! Angry banana it is! :f_grin: (I'm also tired of writing it)

I can only hope! :f_grin:
      nobodylikesanangrybanana
      Bronze
      I just found the ICM trainer, and I started using it this morning. It's precisely what I needed right now!

Yesterday I played at 888poker for my 8$ starting bonus, played for a couple of hours at a 1/2 cent table, (maximum buy-in 2$), averaging maybe 6 opponents. I played kind of tight, but did some mistakes (haven't really learned when to fold a bluff yet, I'm always kind of hoping to nail that king on the river :f_mad: ) But anyways, there were some hands that I just thought was obvious to play, even when considering the position and everything, but I always ended up losing the pot! I couldn't find out why, and then I read some threads and heard about the ICM trainer from Ingrid (Headadmin?). I downloaded it, and now I'm training to always know when my odds are against me, and when to play. :f_biggrin:

So far I'm doing quite well for a beginner, I'm up at around 90 % with 6-9 players (random situations). :) I just wanted to say thank you for this excellent tool, and ask you how I can use this program further, whem I'm feeling that I master the "which hands to play"-part :f_grin:

Regards

Angry Banana
    • MarkQuick
      MarkQuick
      Bronze
      That's excellent news!

I'm glad your enjoying our website and software. Thanks for your feedback, I'll pass your regards on to Ingrid.

Have you seen the ICM Manual? Its very useful and packed with lots of handy tips, simply click here to find out more.

If I can do anything else for you, please notify me by replying to this ticket.

Happy grinding!