Is it just me?

• 11 replies
    • Solidius
      Solidius
      Bronze
      There are propably a few others that share the same belief.
    • conquistadorrr
      conquistadorrr
      Bronze
      Nope. Nothing wrong with Party software. It's all human error. Bad plays, a little normal variance and this human thing that tends to forget suckouts and good cards and vividly remembers the bad stuff.

So yeah... you can keep playing, have fun and check if you're the one making bad plays, as there are always leaks to plug and opportunities to improve. :f_biggrin:
    • sucker1952
      sucker1952
      Bronze
      its all possible!

but you have to ask what would be the benefit to party poker?

NONE- they work off rake.

Do the software companies who develop the randomiser and input the algorithyms have a reason to cheat.

NO- why would they ruin integrity of the software they develop?

I play on party and pokerstars. i get lots of bad beats. i get lots of badbeats that i then evaluate and realise that they had 30-40% equity and that they had a reasonable chance of winning!

Try doing the same with your hands. see if it balances as im sure you will find hands you suckout on just as much as hands that suck out on you over a decent sample size.

Then decide if you still believe its fixed
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Yea
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sucker1952

you have to ask what would be the benefit to party poker?

Do the software companies who develop the randomiser and input the algorithyms have a reason to cheat.

This.

Also, if you are losing to bad beats, this means you are being unlucky and getting the chips in with the better hands. Long term this will reap rewards. Short term variance can be brutal but a poker career is not made over a few days.

Chin up my friend :)

It will come back around!

Best regards,
      Gary
    • Holidej
      Holidej
      Bronze
      Yea, I'm just nervous because of that bad beats, but you guys have a point. But one thing that happened is amaizing. I sat at the table with one crazy guy. Every hand his pre flop raises were like 40-60 BB, or all in. He played like 80% of hands. And no one could beat him. In nl4 his stack was ~42$. He beat my AA with A9o :D Well, in the end I take my money back and get a little extra, but that was odd...
    • sucker1952
      sucker1952
      Bronze
      it happens with crazy players... but search them and i bet you they are down a lot over 50,000 hands. i had a guy come on my table the other day 100bb open shove every hand except 1 or 2 in between. ended up with a 600bb stack after 10 mins. he cleared everyone out with suckouts.

except me and i ended up with all his chips waiting it out.

but i could have lost too as i was only a 40/60 fav on both the hands i doubled up through him. but thats just the way it goes sometimes

on party i have had a 100 bi downswing on sit n go's 10 man and i am now break even. but largely due to variance! the rest is bad play.

do you use software? hud? you should as you can pick the numbers apart and see it for what it really is. Until i did this i was like you and freaked out everytime i had a few suckouts in a row and forgot all the times i did it to others!!!

anyway good luck (not that luck exists) rather- good variance :)
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Sometimes I think they favorit more loose passive players and calling stations.
      I lose so much vs thos guys , epsecially with river or turn hitting the and u have unfoldable hands, like KK ,or straight which rivered runnier runner flush .
      Or you have AA vs TJ and there are 4 suited cards on the board, and ofc you dont have any of those.
      Am thinking to adopt that playing style and see how will it go for me, I bet I will be more lucky than am now.
      Am 10 bis down ith Ev on +6 over 50hours of play
      I think cashing out and playing zoom at pokerstars is much better oportunity since they are basicly the only site I belive its not rigged( they were only one who gave their code to be inspeceted afterall).
    • sunden
      sunden
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Originally posted by sucker1952

you have to ask what would be the benefit to party poker?

This.

Also, if you are losing to bad beats, this means you are being unlucky and getting the chips in with the better hands. Long term this will reap rewards. Short term variance can be brutal but a poker career is not made over a few days.

Chin up my friend :)

It will come back around!

Best regards,
      Gary
      Hi. sorry to intrude here. I got a mby wierd question. all say that in long run or term it will even out. but how come can thos be true? i mean like, if it will even out then how can it be fair? if all is random, then its impossible,isent it or?

not that i dont think its nice tho if its true, i may not know as much of poker like you guys, but this question is some how un-answerd for me.

I do not believe party poker would cheat tho, isent it one of the most respected rooms with pokerstars? if anything is wierd, then its ongame.

anyway, i will try do like Originally posted by sucker1952. post makes sence and thanks for the advice.
    • c0wking
      c0wking
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sinnology
      epsecially with river or turn hitting the and u have unfoldable hands, like KK
      Therein lies your problem.
    • WinningTrips
      WinningTrips
      Bronze
      quote:
      Originally posted by Sinnology
      epsecially with river or turn hitting the and u have unfoldable hands, like KK

Therein lies your problem.

Agree!!!

Some time ago any set was 'unfoldable' in my game. These days sometimes bottom set becomes very 'foldable' even on the flop.

Am thinking to adopt that playing style and see how will it go for me, I bet I will be more lucky than am now.

In general you are right. LAG is the most profitable style in NLHE. The reason being that poker is a game of probabilities and opportunities. The more hands you play the more chances of hitting a monster hand you create. How many times you folded 94o type of hand pre-flop and and saw 994 on the flop? Or how many times you opened AKs UTG and crazy SB called. You bet 3 barrels on K high, safe, dry board and eventually got beaten by some random K3o? But on the other side you have to know your opponents, study their ranges, become a good hand reader to be able to manipulate them as much as possible to compensate those 2/3 of time when you hit nothing with your trash hands.

In other areas of life such as music, sport, science, etc... people must learn academic basics, lay solid boring foundations and only then they start to develop their own styles and become somebody. A good teacher doesn't even allow any 'out of the box' thinking before they realise that their student has solid foundation and is ready.

The same applies to poker. Trust me I know this out my own experience. Take my advice. Learn solid TAG game. Be boring, table selecting but money winning nit until you are proven winning 200NL player over the hand sample no less than 500K. Then you can start searching for the style which applies the most to you skill level and personality.