How to Improve Your Poker Strategy

• albertkasper2012
      albertkasper2012
      Basic
      Assuming that you know what good starting cards are and have made the decision to 'see the Flop', then it is time to get down to business. Now that i know these things how will i better improve my strategy playing in online poker?
  • 6 replies
    • ulairiiii
      ulairiiii
      Bronze
      cash or sng?
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      Hi albert, once you get a strong feeling for preflop strategy you can definitely focus on making postflop decisions, counting your outs and considering your odds. The basic articles for your game format will help you here.

Knowing basic preflop strategy helps you avoid making large mistakes and makes it easier to learn new concepts.

When a player first starts out, a basic preflop strategy will help safeguard them against loosing their shirt during their first sitting @ the table.

Its important to realize that when you're learning poker the initial results you should expect isn't to be a profitable player, its to become less of a losing player.

Even for smart people the odds are stacked against you actually being profitable when you don't know anything about poker.
    • albertkasper2012
      albertkasper2012
      Basic
      @ulairiiii - its cash
    • GraemeDR
      GraemeDR
      Bronze
      There's so many things to look into, but if you're to really research and learn post flop play then look for articles about :

Outs
      Pot Odds
      Identifying types of players and playing against the different types of player.
      Continuation Betting
      Understanding Pot Control
      Understanding Floating
      Learn when to Semi-Bluff (you will need to understand pot odds and outs before this is possible).

After that it's all about experience, and bankroll management. No-one could ever know everything about pre-flop play, it's evolving all the time, but the above are the principles to understand the way you understand the basic principles of pre flop play.
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Google: Search for Easy Game Vol 1 PDF and read that.

Plus grind some strategy points and read articles\watch videos here!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I've moved your forum thread to the relevant board :) hope you don't mind.

Ingrid