This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 - small PP out of position while effectively short-middle stacked

• bigdwong
      bigdwong
      Bronze
      They're good full stacked to hit sets, and very short you can just 3bet ship them profitably vs. middle to late positions (prob not UTG), but I feel they're probably pretty neutral to negative EV vs. a 20-60bb stack because:
      - if you 3bet, it sucks to get shoved on (I feel would happen a lot if the guy is 20-30bb)
      - if you size your 3bet smaller so you don't mind as much when you get shoved on, it sucks to get called more and 85% turn your maybe slight favourite hand into a bluff
      - if you call, they suck to play oop unless you know the guy really well I feel (and you're not getting the odds for set mining)

At the same time, it feels dirty to fold them. Opinions?

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1655764
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $44.25
      UTG: $21.13
      CO: $72.52
      BTN: $17.18
      SB: $56.38

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with 5 :club: 5 :spade:
      UTG raises to $1.75, 4 folds
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello bigdwong,

Add to full stack if playing BSS. :)

Rather just fold the hand, of course we get something like 18:1 odds or something similar while we have already the BB in the pot but I don't really know even the opponent. :) Could he be paying us if he we do hit or not?

Best Regards.