UTG+1 ($15.03)
      MP ($10.40)
      CO ($10.09)
      BTN ($9.85)
      Hero (SB) ($10)
      BB ($4.17)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 7 players) Hero is SB J:diamond: Q:diamond:
      3 folds, CO raises to $0.30, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.25, 1 fold

Flop: K:heart: 5:diamond: 3:diamond: ($0.70, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.62, CO calls $1.12

Turn: 7:club: ($3.94, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.06, Hero ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

what about c/c flop and donk turn?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello nipbourne,

Preflop: Seems that you like a lot those suited broadways. :) But are you also playing them profitable?

As played
      Postflop: Well, what can you represent with the Check/Call flop & donk turn? And do you really think of calling the turn? And even if you did then you made a horrible mistake by which you should be avoid playing such hands preflop. ;)

Also the problem here is that you will rarely make any made hand to fold on the flop by just Check/Raising the flop and then Checking the turn, he will never-ever fold the K. Of course that doesn't mean that you can't Check/Raise here but before doing that you should ask if you have a lot of fold equity.

Best Regards.
    • nipbourne
      nipbourne
      Bronze
      what can you represent with the Check/Call flop & donk turn?
      i can represent Kx whick want to protect my hand?

flop: i just want him to fold Ax/pps/crap,is there enough fold equity?
      turn: i dont think he would fold Kx even if i bet,so i c/f.
    • rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      Preflop: Well first of all I would just fold here. You are calling OOP with a marginal hand vs a tight player. What range could he possible have that you beat? The answer in my opinion is nothing. You are at best a flip vs this guy.

As played: Post flop check raise I think is not such a good idea. Lets say the guy has a range of 22+, QJs+ KJ+ ATs+ AJo+ you really beat nothing here. And from his stats I don't think that this type of guy will fold something like 77-TT on the flop in this spot. Simply because it is unlikely that you have a K in this spot. So I would like a check call in this spot because villain will c-bet this board nearly 100% of the time. And in case he has a made hand you can stack him off if you do hit your flush or he could just give up on turn by checking and you could force smaller pairs to fold with a river bet.

Turn: What the idea of checking here? You have shown strength by check raising the flop and now you check. This move of yours screams out "WEAK HAND". If you make a super strong announce like check raising make sure you continue with the aggression by betting the turn and even the river at this point. You just cant check-raise flop and then give up on the river when you fail to get your opponent to fold or you miss your draw. This move will cost you lots and lots of money.

Conclusion: First of all vs tight opponents you just have to fold trouble hands like QJs KJs KQs etc. when being OOP. If you had been on the button this would have been not to bad of a play pre-flop. Post flop: don't make super aggressive moves unless you are willing to go all the way with your aggression by betting the remaining 2 streets.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      i can represent Kx whick want to protect my hand?

Rather Check/Raise the flop and Bet the turn. ;) At least might even make some better hands to fold with such a play. There are still some hands which he could be calling you like a lot of PPs, especially if you were aggressive on table.