MP1: $4.40 - VPIP: 13, PFR: 10, 3B: 0, AF: 1.0, Hands: 94
      MP2: $11.62 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 2, 3B: 3, AF: 0.7, Hands: 92
      CO: $10.18 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 5, 3B: 0, AF: 1.3, Hands: 82
      Hero (BTN): $14.75 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 12, 3B: 4, AF: 4.1, Hands: 30151
      SB: $3.70 - VPIP: 13, PFR: 11, 3B: 0, AF: 5.0, Hands: 64
      BB: $12.61 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 16, 3B: 8, AF: 5.3, Hands: 138
      UTG: $3.69 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 9, 3B: 4, AF: 4.0, Hands: 349

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with Q :club: A :club:
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.30, 1 fold, CO calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.05) 8 :club: 2 :diamond: 4 :club: (3 players)
      MP1 checks, CO bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, MP1 folds

Turn: ($2.55) 7 :diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $1.82, Hero calls $1.82

River: ($6.19) 4 :heart: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks

Just give up on the river? Not woth taking any stabbs since I dont know if his going to lay down any pair or overpair?
  • 11 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

Preflop: You can perfectly well here even squeeze but of course calling is fine with the position. Although as long the opponent has a mid-stack then flatting is also fine.

As played
      Postflop: Not a huge fan of calling the turn where you most likely don't have the implied odds. :) Or do you really think you have them? River is standard Check behind.

Best Regards.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Sikac,

Preflop: You can perfectly well here even squeeze but of course calling is fine with the position. Although as long the opponent has a mid-stack then flatting is also fine.

As played
      Postflop: Not a huge fan of calling the turn where you most likely don't have the implied odds. :) Or do you really think you have them? River is standard Check behind.

Best Regards.
      Why we do not have implieds? We do since I put into the calculator odds of 6:1 for 1 card and 7 clean outs and we need 6,55$ which we have so basically the worst scenario says it is a call.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Didn't get your sentence at all. Could you clear up yourself. :P We need $6,55?
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Didn't get your sentence at all. Could you clear up yourself. :P We need $6,55?
      Sorry,

I put the numbers into the calculator. I took just 7 clean outs(could have add all 9 + maybe A+maybe Q but took worst case scenario) and he said we need 6,55$ left in his stack to make this call profitable.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      It doesn't mean that he has to have that amount left. But you must have the expectations that you get the money for sure from him on the river, do you think you will get it? :)
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      It doesn't mean that he has to have that amount left.
      I do not get this?
      But you must have the expectations that you get the money for sure from him on the river, do you think you will get it? :)
      Hmm, if he has set yes, if he has overpairs ( I could add 12 outs and I would need 1,09) not sure but anyway I think in both occassions I get from him the money that is enough to make the call profitable.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      It means that it's kind of must to know either you are able to get the money or not. You are talking about him as a fish who no-matter what pays you. But you must put yourself into villain spot, would you pay an opponent if flush completes? :)
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      It means that it's kind of must to know either you are able to get the money or not. You are talking about him as a fish who no-matter what pays you. But you must put yourself into villain spot, would you pay an opponent if flush completes? :)
      Depends on a lot of factors but I wouldn t. So how to disguiss my hand? Raise flop-> if missed check turn-> and see river? On the flop they are maybe much more likely to put the money lighter in let s say with TT, JJ
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yes, we could raise there cause MP1 already didn't show strength in the hand and CO could be leading with any PP which tries to protect. So therefore we have massive fold equity and at the same time we have the position.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Could you please tell me why this spot is good for a squeeze? I think I do not completely understand when to squeeze with such suited hands. Of suit I do.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Sikac
      Could you please tell me why this spot is good for a squeeze? I think I do not completely understand when to squeeze with such suited hands. Of suit I do.
      Didn't pay much attention on the MP1 stack here but overall it should be still doable while we have a really loose opponent on CO and at the same time we have position. Our hand is strong enough. According MP1 stack I guess your play is going to be safer.