$3.89
      MP3:
      $5.66
      CO:
      $4.11
      BU (Hero):
      $4.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with J, A.
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.04, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.20, SB calls $0.18, 2 folds, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($0.48) 8, J, T (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB raises to $0.84, Hero calls $0.44.

Turn: ($2.16) 4 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.36, Hero calls $0.36.

River: ($2.88) J (2 players)
      SB bets $0.04, Hero raises to $2.60(All-In), SB calls $2.33(All-In).

Final Pot: $7.85.

villian 56/6 a.f 1.2 16hands

Was shoving there on the river to aggro?I was going for max value,he played his hand pretty bizarre so i shoved thinking that he will call me there with Kd,Qd, or even a big J like KJ,QJ.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cozacu,

Overall seems to be fine while he is giving that great odds on the turn. But the question is on the river, what kind of hands he could have played this way on flop?

He could have a lot of 2pair combos and maybe some straight combos as Q9 with Q which could be paying. And maybe some QJ/KJ combos which have the . So therefore kind of close spot on the river either to pick the value or not. It's definitely very close spot, so they are dependent more often how bad we see the opponent being.

As you may understand he could still be inducing even the shove and show weakness cause he knows that not that many hands would him Call if he ships himself, just strong flushes & FH. But of course even if you pick the value here I doubt it's going to be big loss in long run.

Best Regards.