[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH QQ vs 3bet

• DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      Villain looks like reg but had only 200 hands on him. He plays 26/20 and had 9% 3bet but had only 3bet from blinds up to that point. So it 's hard to estimate his 3betting range from button. He cbest 83% (12 hands).

I think my actions are clear up to river. Should I check/call river instead of betting? What is his range here after he raises me on the river?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Everest
      SB ($48.50)
      BB ($20.80)
      UTG ($50.50)
      Hero ($52.10)
      CO ($50)
      BTN ($54.20)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: Q:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $1.75, fold, BTN raises to $4.75, fold, fold, Hero calls $3

FLOP ($10.25) 2:spade: 2:diamond: A:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $4, Hero calls $4

TURN ($18.25) 2:spade: 2:diamond: A:spade: 8:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN checks

RIVER ($18.25) 2:spade: 2:diamond: A:spade: 8:diamond: 3:club:

Hero bets $8, BTN raises to $45.45 (AI),
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello lpdlamei,

Preflop: Kind of difficult to play for the stacks here so I do agree with the Call while he does even so small.

As played
      Flop: One of the worst flops to float vs while even being OOP. Especially if he has rather small 3bet from BTN. What you beat? Just JJ.

As played
      River: Don't like to lead out here because we just making worse hands to fold and most likely better hands will never fold.

Best Regards.
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      Wouldn't say I beat just JJ on flop. Do you assume this is the bottom of his 3betting range with the available information?

I thought he could have like JT, KQ there too. But such hands are probably a smaller part of his range then Ax.

Thanks for your feedback!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, as long you said we assume that he only 3bets big on blinds I would assume that he isn't 3betting that light on the BTN. Usually using the average 3bet is pretty bad. Especially there are players who tend only to 3bet big from blinds and all other spots just for value.