[NL2-NL10] NL10 AA river bluff induce

• qMantas
      qMantas
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (UTG) ($10.50)
      MP ($16.72)
      CO ($18.70)
      Button ($9.85)
      SB ($4.09)
      BB ($3.99)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, A
      Hero bets $0.30, 1 fold, CO calls $0.30, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.75) 2, 3, 10 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.54, CO calls $0.54

Turn: ($1.83) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, CO calls $1.50

River: ($4.83) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $3.60, Hero raises to $8.16 (All-In), CO calls $4.56

Total pot: $21.15 | Rake: $0.95

CO 71/25 3b: 9.1 aggression 2.0 WTSD 43 W$SD 38

Good spot to induce his bluffs for missed draws ?
      Or better to bet myself ?
  • 5 replies
    • rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      Hello there qMantas.

You've played the hand well in my opinion preflop, postflop and on the turn it's all standart. Now for the river question that you've asked. The only spot where I would consider checking on the river to induce a bluff is if your opponent is quite aggressive meaning that he always bets IP when someone checks in this case your opponent doesn't look to be aggressive enough. This board doesn't look good for bluffs. I mean even the opponent him self wouldn't believe to have a 2 here unless he has 22 and is quite loose to call for set value pre flop. Think of it the 2 changes absolutely nothing in this spot. On this river the villain is never bluffing in my opinion simply because there nothing to represent and this is clear to even a complete beginner. Now if the river was a Q or a K or something like an 8 or a spade then you could surely check to induce a bluff because those cards hit you opponents range and therefore he might consider bluffing with those type of hands. Of course if say a K hit the villain will bet with AK KQ for value here thinking you have something like JJ or QQ or some other pocket pair and think his hand is the best. As for a deuce on the river I would just bet the third time to get value from him because he will rarely be betting here as a bluff. btw what did he show on showdown? I think it should have been something like a AT at worst.
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      If checking to induce, i prefer c/calling river instead of c/shoving, hes not calling your shove with worse, i think he would check back anything with SD value
      I think id rather b/f river 1/3~1/2 pot
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello qMantas,

Nah, overall seems to be fine, there are even some draws which missed and he could even be betting Tx for value and of course even overpairs. Nice hand! Vs unknown I would just bet myself on the river. :)

Best Regards.
    • qMantas
      qMantas
      Bronze
      rap1dw1n3r AT at worst from player 71/25 :D he shows me Q2 of spades. Missed flushdraw but he hits his deuce on the river...
      dannywratten I agree with you that check/calling is way better than check/shoving. But when this guy could easily stackoff with top pair and of course I beat his two pair combinations so I decided to just shove and get maximum value.
      Exactly veriz he could easily bet his Tx for value :) But if I bet river it has to be bet/fold spot ? Probably not...
    • rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      Originally posted by qMantas
      rap1dw1n3r AT at worst from player 71/25 :D he shows me Q2 of spades. Missed flushdraw but he hits his deuce on the river...
      dannywratten I agree with you that check/calling is way better than check/shoving. But when this guy could easily stackoff with top pair and of course I beat his two pair combinations so I decided to just shove and get maximum value.
      Exactly veriz he could easily bet his Tx for value :) But if I bet river it has to be bet/fold spot ? Probably not...
      Yeh sorry about that for some reason I forgot that hes 71 VPIP :D D