HEM2 not importing built hands.

• w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Once again, HEM2 has left me completely baffled.

I found a site, pelo poker, which allows me to build fictional hands and then export them in HH format which I can then import to HEM2.

This was working great, I imported 10 hands or so, no problem at all. Then a few days back I was importing further hands and it suddenly stopped working. 2 minutes prior I had successfully imported a built hand, and now 2 minutes later it didn't work. What's more, it refuses to re-import any of the hands I'd exported from pelo-poker previously, which leads me to suspect it's something to do with HEM2 rather than pelo-poker. (It acts like it has imported the files but then says 0 hands, 0 duplicates)

I've changed nothing whatsoever. I even tried clicking the "restore defaults" option in the manual HH import section, but to no avail. As far as I can see HEM2 has just randomly stopped importing my built hands for no reason whatsoever.
  • 3 replies
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      Not sure what is going on but please create a new database for a test and try to import some of the hands into this database.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Seems to be importing into a new database, so thanks for that.

Still had a couple of weird instances where it was displaying some hands that were not in the new database but instead in the main one.

Still no idea what caused my main DB to stop importing these particular HH files; I didn't knowingly change any settings. I'm grateful for the workaround though, cheers.
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      A database can get corrupt because of hardware failures or process crashes. Thats why you should do regular backups.
      You can try to "repair" your original database with running a vacuum/full and a reindes via pgadmin -> maintenance.