This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] A10 flopping nut straight in 3 bet pot

• Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP: $4.15
      MP+1: $10.40
      LP: $3.45
      CO: $2.21
      BTN: $10.20
      SB: $13.19
      Hero (BB): $16.95
      UTG: $10.49
      UTG+1: $10.58

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has T:heart: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.40, fold, Hero raises to $1.20, BTN calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.45, 2 players) J:spade: Q:spade: K:club:
      Hero bets $1.30, BTN calls $1.30

Turn: ($5.05, 2 players) K:heart:
      Hero bets $3.00, fold

I cant remember why exactly i 3 bet, i think villain had been raising a lot, his i had a feeling his was raising pretty wide of the BTN trying to steal the blinds and i wanted to 3 bet him with the A blocker, as i was never calling i was either 3 betting or folding.

My main question was about my bet sizing, i bet the flop fairly smallish as i was trying to induce a raise, when i bet the turn he only had $7.70 left so im not sure if i gave him any fold equity of bluff me? how was my play?
  • 3 replies
    • Anger86
      Anger86
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Castle93
      I cant remember why exactly i 3 bet, i think villain had been raising a lot, his i had a feeling his was raising pretty wide of the BTN trying to steal the blinds and i wanted to 3 bet him with the A blocker, as i was never calling i was either 3 betting or folding.
      Just wanted to challenge you. Do you 3bet for value or as a bluff vs. Villain?
      I mean it's a bluff, if he 4bets, but how about his calling range vs. ATo?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Castle93,

Overall seems to be fine, kind of dumb card on the turn but it will be pretty hard for us to fold.

Best Regards.
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Anger86
      Originally posted by Castle93
      Just wanted to challenge you. Do you 3bet for value or as a bluff vs. Villain?
      I mean it's a bluff, if he 4bets, but how about his calling range vs. ATo?
      i was 3 betting as a bluff but A10 does have equity against his calling range and i prefer to 3 bet here taking the iniative even if im behind his calling range, i was defo folding to a 4 bet