[DONE] Sidekick problem

• Pampoen
      Pampoen
      Bronze
      Hi Guys

When I try and start sicekick it give me a error saying application could not be started contact application vendor. It give some details that i will copy and paste. I have no idea what it means. Hope some one can help.

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
      Windows : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
      Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.261
      System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
      clr.dll : 4.0.30319.261 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
      dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
      dfshim.dll : 4.0.31106.0 (Main.031106-0000)

SOURCES
      Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/Quintin/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start%20Menu/Programs/PokerStrategy.com/PokerStrategy.com%20SideKick.appref-ms%7C

ERROR SUMMARY
      Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
      * Activation of C:\Users\Quintin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\PokerStrategy.com\PokerStrategy.com SideKick.appref-ms| resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
      + Error creating the Web Proxy specified in the 'system.net/defaultProxy' configuration section.
      + The operation completed successfully

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
      No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
      There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
      * [26/02/2012 15:51:47] : Activation of C:\Users\Quintin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\PokerStrategy.com\PokerStrategy.com SideKick.appref-ms| has started.
      * [26/02/2012 15:51:47] : Performing necessary update check as specified by the deployment.

ERROR DETAILS
      Following errors were detected during this operation.
      * [26/02/2012 15:51:47] System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException
      - Error creating the Web Proxy specified in the 'system.net/defaultProxy' configuration section.
      - Source: System
      - Stack trace:
      at System.Net.Configuration.DefaultProxySectionInternal.GetSection()
      at System.Net.WebRequest.get_InternalDefaultWebProxy()
      at System.Net.HttpWebRequest..ctor(Uri uri, ServicePoint servicePoint)
      at System.Net.HttpRequestCreator.Create(Uri Uri)
      at System.Net.WebRequest.Create(Uri requestUri, Boolean useUriBase)
      at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
      at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
      at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
      at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
      at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifest(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ManifestType manifestType, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
      at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirect(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
      at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifest(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
      at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentUpdate(SubscriptionState& subState, String& errorPageUrl)
      at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ProcessOrFollowShortcut(String shortcutFile, String& errorPageUrl, TempFile& deployFile)
      at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
      at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
      --- Inner Exception ---
      System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
      - The operation completed successfully
      - Source: System
      - Stack trace:
      at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InitializeSockets()
      at System.Net.NetworkAddressChangePolled..ctor()
      at System.Net.AutoWebProxyScriptEngine.AutoDetector.Initialize()
      at System.Net.AutoWebProxyScriptEngine..ctor(WebProxy proxy, Boolean useRegistry)
      at System.Net.WebProxy.UnsafeUpdateFromRegistry()
      at System.Net.Configuration.DefaultProxySectionInternal..ctor(DefaultProxySection section)
      at System.Net.Configuration.DefaultProxySectionInternal.GetSection()

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
      No transaction information is available.
  • 10 replies
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey Pampoen,

in case you are wondering what's going on here, I've cut your post from the other thread and created this one with it.
      This way it's easier for us to monitor your issue.

I'll forward this to my colleagues asap and you'll have an answer by tomorrow!

Edit: Are you by chance using a proxy server (set in Internet Explorers settings) that's no longer existing? Please check your Internet Explorer settings and report back!
      Thank you.
    • lycoreus
      lycoreus
      Bronze
      same problem here...something must be wrong with the update
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Did you guys notice my edited post? :)

Edit: Are you by chance using a proxy server (set in Internet Explorers settings) that's no longer existing? Please check your Internet Explorer settings and report back!
    • lycoreus
      lycoreus
      Bronze
      I dont have any proxy server but what does the IE has to do with that? in my case anyway the sidekick application tries to download the new update and after it finishes the above message appears...the error details are the following:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
      Windows : 6.1.7600.0 (Win32NT)
      Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.1
      System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
      clr.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
      dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
      dfshim.dll : 4.0.31106.0 (Main.031106-0000)

SOURCES
      Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/lycoreus/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start%20Menu/Programs/PokerStrategy.com/PokerStrategy.com%20SideKick.appref-ms%7C
      Server : PWS/1.7.3.9
      Application url : http://resources.pokerstrategy.com/ApplicationServices/Apps/42/Prod/Install/1.0.50225.05/PSC.Tray.exe.manifest
      Server : PWS/1.7.3.9

IDENTITIES
      Application Identity : PokerStrategy.com SideKick.exe, Version=1.0.50225.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=fa68ae403643585b, processorArchitecture=x86, type=win32

ERROR SUMMARY
      Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
      * Activation of C:UserslycoreusAppDataRoamingMicrosoftWindowsStart MenuProgramsPokerStrategy.comPokerStrategy.com SideKick.appref-ms| resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
      + The application binding data format is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B2)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
      No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
      There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
      * [3/3/2012 5:28:47 μμ] : Activation of C:UserslycoreusAppDataRoamingMicrosoftWindowsStart MenuProgramsPokerStrategy.comPokerStrategy.com SideKick.appref-ms| has started.
      * [3/3/2012 5:28:48 μμ] : Performing necessary update check as specified by the deployment.
      * [3/3/2012 5:28:51 μμ] : Consuming new update.
      * [3/3/2012 5:28:51 μμ] : Installation of the application has started.
      * [3/3/2012 5:28:52 μμ] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
      * [3/3/2012 5:28:52 μμ] : Found compatible runtime version 4.0.30319.
      * [3/3/2012 5:28:52 μμ] : Request of trust and detection of platform is complete.
      * [3/3/2012 5:30:09 μμ] : Downloading of subscription dependencies is complete.
      * [3/3/2012 5:30:09 μμ] : Commit of the downloaded application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
      Following errors were detected during this operation.
      * [3/3/2012 5:30:09 μμ] System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
      - The application binding data format is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B2)
      - Source: System.Deployment
      - Stack trace:
      at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IEnumSTORE_ASSEMBLY.Next(UInt32 celt, STORE_ASSEMBLY[] rgelt)
      at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreAssemblyEnumeration.MoveNext()
      at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.CollectCrossGroupApplications(Uri codebaseUri, DefinitionIdentity deploymentIdentity, Boolean& identityGroupFound, Boolean& locationGroupFound, String& identityGroupProductName)
      at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CommitApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, CommitApplicationParams commitParams)
      at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
      at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ConsumeUpdatedDeployment(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
      at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentUpdate(SubscriptionState& subState, String& errorPageUrl)
      at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ProcessOrFollowShortcut(String shortcutFile, String& errorPageUrl, TempFile& deployFile)
      at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
      at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
      No transaction information is available.
    • lycoreus
      lycoreus
      Bronze
      If i uninstall and reinstall the programm my kicks will remain?
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lycoreus
      If i uninstall and reinstall the programm my kicks will remain?
      Yes. I'll forward this thread to my colleagues!
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
    • lycoreus
      lycoreus
      Bronze
      problem solved after reinstalling the software :)
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Awesome.

@Pampoen: Have you tried reinstalling PokerStrategy.com SideKick yet?
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey,

without any feedback we have to assume the problem is fixed. I'm closing this thread now, please create a new one in case the problem still occurs.