Hero (MP): $2.08 - VPIP: 15, PFR: 13, 3B: 4, AF: 2.3, Hands: 21944
      CO: $5.64 - VPIP: 12, PFR: 8, 3B: 1, AF: 1.7, Hands: 467
      BTN: $2.17 - VPIP: 26, PFR: 15, 3B: 22, AF: 7.0, Hands: 34
      SB: $0.78 - VPIP: 9, PFR: 7, 3B: 7, AF: 1.8, Hands: 239
      BB: $3.74 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 3, 3B: 3, AF: 8.0, Hands: 108
      UTG: $3.72 - VPIP: 52, PFR: 14, 3B: 0, AF: 6.0, Hands: 42
      UTG+1: $5.04 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 2, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 44

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is MP with K :spade: A :diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 1 fold, BTN raises to $0.22, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.14

Flop: ($0.47) K :heart: 8 :spade: T :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.34, Hero calls $0.34

Turn: ($1.15) 4 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($1.15) 6 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BTN calls $0.40

Final Pot: $1.95
      Hero shows K :spade: A :diamond:
      BTN mucks Q :heart: Q :spade:
      Hero wins $1.88
      (Rake: $0.07)

Here is my thought process of this hand:

Pre flop: Standard raise to 4bb with a big hand. The BTN 3bets me. At this point I put him on a decent range of something like TT+ AQ+ maybe even some hands like KQ, QJs etc. So since I'm OOP i decide to make a call since this guy is not one of the tighter players and see what the flop brings.

Flop: The flop brings a K for me giving me top pair top kicker. There are few draws possible at this point so I decide to make a standard in my opinion check/call since I think that villain will be c-betting here with 100% of his range. And indeed he makes a standard c-bet and I make the call.

Turn: I decide to check again in order to have some pot control and not to scare my opponent away if he has some sort or JJ,QQ QJ KQ type of hand. I check and villain check behind. At this point I put him on a draw or an underpair to a king.

River: River is a blank card. Now I'm thinking what the best move here is to extract most value out of his underpair or a missed draw. I did not want to bet too much like 0.7$ because I thought that this will make villain fold all of his underpairs to a king. I did not want to check either because it was highly likely that villain will check behind with underpair or draw. So I decided to make a small value bet on a river of 0.4$ since I figured it is small enough to get underpairs to call it and that was the best way to get the most value out of my hand.

My questions: What do you think about my overall play in this hand? What do you think about my bet sizing on the river? Would the check-call option be better in getting max value of the hand?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello rap1dw1n3r,

Preflop: While we don't even know that much the opponent I would rather prefer to just give up the hand. You wont play your hand profitable being OOP and then even in a 3bet pot by -> lets Call and hope for a hit.

As played
      Postflop: Most likely I would s till Bet bigger on the river and maybe even consider donking the turn.

Best Regards.