psychology

• kajzr
      kajzr
      Bronze
      How are you controlling yourself, when are starting to be upset? I wish i can be like Master Jedi, so i can keep peace in my mind. But everytime i am sucked out, i am starting punching everything around me. Should i try some kind of meditation or...?
  • 9 replies
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      why not :D

but seriously, if you want to address the problem directly, check the branch of psychology, which is called neurophysiology i guess)
      It will take you years to study all this crap) but it explains what your brain thinks about tilt)

otherwise, there are ton of info on this forum and over the internet, about how to minimize consequences)
    • hunt32
      hunt32
      Bronze
      i think that it's hard, maybe imposible not to get upset at least.

i also start punching things around but i've found cure in

- multitabling, the game is going fast so you have no other option but to get over it
      - saying nh, and facing the loss

it's not much but you have to start facing the losses, take the best out of them and keep moving forward improving your game.
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      look up the guy who won your money, and if it is low stakes then he is probabally in a net loss. That always makes me feel better, when a guy down 1k wins 5 dollars from me on a suckout.
    • Ellfish
      Ellfish
      Bronze
      You gotta keep re-assuring yourself that you played good poker, and that it may not have gone your way this time, but in the long run you will make a profit from that situation. Write a note about that player and exploit him next time you come up against him.
    • damaincontender
      damaincontender
      Bronze
      few hits of the bong.....u normally dont care bout a bad beat when u have a good toke ahead of u
    • kajzr
      kajzr
      Bronze
      Well, that might improve my psychology, but it will probably damage my game too, so the result is same or even worse. :D
      btw if i am playing cashgames, i dont care about bad beats, but i am playing SnG and its very hard to not even yell, when i am eliminated in bubble with two Aces in the hole.
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      I just say a lot of bad words(with a loud voice) :D
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Originally posted by arjun2001
      look up the guy who won your money, and if it is low stakes then he is probabally in a net loss. That always makes me feel better, when a guy down 1k wins 5 dollars from me on a suckout.
      brilliant idea... its helped me a lot since reading this lol. n when playing sng's if u have chips left after a bad beat u can come back n the donks will lose in the longrun
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      The last time I took a really bad beat in a SNG I looked up the players overall stats I saw he had a -40% roi over 2500 games with a steady down slope.

It was quite a lot - and considering his horrible call - not very surprising either. Definitely a good way to put bad beats into perspective :)