This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Representing A2-A7

• esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Villain had standard TAGgy stats, 22/21/3 with 67% cbet over 143 hands at the time. My table image was likely good, I hadnt bluffed at all since sitting down, only valuebet strong hands and took them to showdown. Preflop I called for setvalue and on the flop was willing to give up the hand. With the 2nd ace on the turn I thought my opponent would have bet the flop with any Ax so I attempted to represent the hand with a check/raise, as I wouldnt actually bet the flop myself with A2, A3, A5 or A7. He timebanked before calling, which made me exclude AA, and AK-AT as I believe he would have shoved immediately with any of those hands. On the river I feel I would have a lot of fold equity with a reasonably sized bet. The opponent shoves, so obviously we have to fold the hand. Is this a good bluff? If not, why not? Should I have check/raised by pot rather than 3/4 pot? What do you expect a TAGgy villain to have with the river shove? AK-AT?

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $3.60 (72 bb)
      Hero (BB): $5.32 (106.4 bb)
      UTG: $2.39 (47.8 bb)
      MP: $5 (100 bb)
      CO: $1.33 (26.6 bb)
      BTN: $1.86 (37.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3 3
      UTG calls $0.05, MP raises to $0.20, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.15, UTG folds

Flop: ($0.47) A 6 Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

Turn: ($0.47) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.25, Hero raises to $0.60, MP calls $0.35

River: ($1.67) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, MP raises to $4.20 and is all-in, Hero folds

Results: $3.67 pot ($0.15 rake)
      Final Board: A 6 Q A 4
      Hero mucked 3 3 and lost (-$1.80 net)
      MP mucked and won $3.52 ($1.72 net)
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

If players would check back on Axx boards, they very likely has some showdown value hands and I´m not really sure if you can make them b/f if you make that small c/r. Better to accept you are mostly behind and have bad equity, so I would prefer c/f turn.
      He would never going to fold there Ax and he may easily call with KK or Qx, so on blank river I think c/f would be better option, also players would not except you to check flop and then c/r turn with Ax hands, so they would put you often on bluff.

his shoving range is likely A4, AQ, 66 and maybe AK. He would likely call only AT/AJ after checking back flop

Best regards,
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Hey and thanks for the super fast evaluation :) . If you think he wouldnt expect me to do that with an Ax, and would put me on a bluff, is my line in this hand perfect if my hand was a low Ax and I was doing this for value? If not what line should I take with that type of hand?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi, I think taking that line for value Ax hands would be great play, he would very likely end up calling you down with Qx and KK hands.

what line should I take with that type of hand?
      - I think you can also lead there QK and Axx hands and with flushdraws if you´re willing to bet twice. That way your hand range is balanced and he can´t call you down every time

best regards,