[NL2-NL10] Representing A2-A7

• esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Villain had standard TAGgy stats, 22/21/3 with 67% cbet over 143 hands at the time. My table image was likely good, I hadnt bluffed at all since sitting down, only valuebet strong hands and took them to showdown. Preflop I called for setvalue and on the flop was willing to give up the hand. With the 2nd ace on the turn I thought my opponent would have bet the flop with any Ax so I attempted to represent the hand with a check/raise, as I wouldnt actually bet the flop myself with A2, A3, A5 or A7. He timebanked before calling, which made me exclude AA, and AK-AT as I believe he would have shoved immediately with any of those hands. On the river I feel I would have a lot of fold equity with a reasonably sized bet. The opponent shoves, so obviously we have to fold the hand. Is this a good bluff? If not, why not? Should I have check/raised by pot rather than 3/4 pot? What do you expect a TAGgy villain to have with the river shove? AK-AT?

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $3.60 (72 bb)
      Hero (BB): $5.32 (106.4 bb)
      UTG: $2.39 (47.8 bb)
      MP: $5 (100 bb)
      CO: $1.33 (26.6 bb)
      BTN: $1.86 (37.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3 3
      UTG calls $0.05, MP raises to $0.20, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.15, UTG folds

Flop: ($0.47) A 6 Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

Turn: ($0.47) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.25, Hero raises to $0.60, MP calls $0.35

River: ($1.67) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, MP raises to $4.20 and is all-in, Hero folds

Results: $3.67 pot ($0.15 rake)
      Final Board: A 6 Q A 4
      Hero mucked 3 3 and lost (-$1.80 net)
      MP mucked and won $3.52 ($1.72 net)
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

If players would check back on Axx boards, they very likely has some showdown value hands and I´m not really sure if you can make them b/f if you make that small c/r. Better to accept you are mostly behind and have bad equity, so I would prefer c/f turn.
      He would never going to fold there Ax and he may easily call with KK or Qx, so on blank river I think c/f would be better option, also players would not except you to check flop and then c/r turn with Ax hands, so they would put you often on bluff.

his shoving range is likely A4, AQ, 66 and maybe AK. He would likely call only AT/AJ after checking back flop

Best regards,
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Hey and thanks for the super fast evaluation :) . If you think he wouldnt expect me to do that with an Ax, and would put me on a bluff, is my line in this hand perfect if my hand was a low Ax and I was doing this for value? If not what line should I take with that type of hand?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi, I think taking that line for value Ax hands would be great play, he would very likely end up calling you down with Qx and KK hands.

what line should I take with that type of hand?
      - I think you can also lead there QK and Axx hands and with flushdraws if you´re willing to bet twice. That way your hand range is balanced and he can´t call you down every time

best regards,