[NL2-NL10] NFD Value extracting

• esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Firstly, vs a mostly loose/passive table, is my iso alright? I normally iso this since the villains are seldom, if ever, limping a better Ax so we can usually assume we are good should we hit the A. The BTN on this particular table was extremely tight, a 10/8 player, so I could assume that he would rarely join in the hand, and if he did I was behind.
      Villains preflop stats were standard TAGgy again. 22/20/3. I come into situations like this often, so my question is that if we assume he will stack off with K&Q high flushes, and possibly some other hands, is the raise on the turn the best option for value? If my raise is good, is the sizing right or should it be changed? Will I get more value from calling and raising river, as I assume he will bet the river almost all of the time?

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $6.06 (121.2 bb)
      UTG: $2.20 (44 bb)
      MP: $5.55 (111 bb)
      Hero (CO): $5 (100 bb)
      BTN: $6.72 (134.4 bb)
      SB: $2.99 (59.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A 9
      UTG calls $0.05, MP folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 2 folds, BB calls $0.15, UTG calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.62) J 6 3 (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.62) 3 (3 players)
      BB bets $0.30, UTG folds, Hero raises to $1.19
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello esuohdla,

Overall with the position it's possible and I don't mind if you have an edge postflop. Nice hand! But as you may understand he wont really Call you that often unless he has himself a flush. :P Might as well just Call and bet for value river or raise.

Best Regards.