This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] i am always confused on what to do preflop in this spot when i hold AA KK AK QQ

• mkjmkjmkj
      mkjmkjmkj
      Silver
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: $10.97
      Hero (BB): $18.75
      UTG: $10.25
      MP: $16.70
      CO: $18.75
      BTN: $10.00

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has A:club: A:heart:

fold, MP raises to $0.40, CO raises to $1.20, fold, fold, Hero calls $1.10, fold

Flop: ($2.85, 2 players) Q:heart: 6:spade: J:diamond:
      Hero bets $1.35, CO calls $1.35

Turn: ($5.55, 2 players) 5:club:
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($5.55, 2 players) 7:heart:
      Hero bets $2.64, fold

i am always confused on what to do preflop in this spot when i hold AA KK AK QQ

against a fish i will of cause 4bet but else should i just push with these hands
  • 4 replies
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      With AA or KK I would reraise. I wouldnt straight out shove this deep but I would make it about 3.60-4.00. With AK or QQ it depends on the villain really.
    • mkjmkjmkj
      mkjmkjmkj
      Silver
      yes but what about when i am holding the other hands KK QQ AK

if i only 4bet AA it bomes kind of obvios what i have because im never bluffing in this spot but maybe i should bluff with some frequency in this spot

when i see people calling a 3bet like that im thinking okay he has AK or QQ
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      with KK you 4bet. Your playing NL10 where precious few players will actually notice you 4bet only KK/AA, so even though its exploitable i would continue not bluff 4betting. With QQ/AK you will only 4bet if you think villain can call/shove with worse. When he calls a 3bet, in my experience most players have AK/QQ/JJ and sometimes TT/AQ.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello mkjmkjmkj,

Well, do you know the opponent? If not then why ain't ya 4betting? You practically giving him the opportunity to hit a set and then you will pay of with your AA.

Best Regards.