NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10)
      Hero ($12.39)
      UTG ($10.51)
      CO ($8.54)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero 7:club: 8:club:
      er
      fold, CO calls $0.10, BTN raises to $0.40, fold, Hero raises to $1, fold, BTN calls $0.60

FLOP ($2.15) 2:club: K:club: Q:club:

Hero bets $2.15, BTN folds

Hero shows 7:club: 8:club:

Hero wins $2.01

I just didnt want to see another club on board, so I just bet pot and was happy to take it down on flop.
      Did I missed some more value by being this overly agressive ?
  • 2 replies
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      You possibly missed value. I would bet about 3/4 pot, and yes you really dont want to see another club, but betting 3/4 makes him pay bad odds to see it. I believe he is folding to any bet the majority of the time so you arent losing very much value by betting pot, I just think pot isolates yourself against A/K high flushdraws so I would be inclined to bet a little less to convince Q/J high flushdraws to continue. You are obviously folding if reraised though imo.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sinnology,

Preflop: Against what kind of BTN are we against that you went for a 3bet-bluff here? Also why did you pick so small amount as 3bet? -> Does look really weak for me and I would just 4bet with any hand I isolate the limper.

As played
      Postflop: No need to make it pot size, you will just scare away and show that you have a really strong hand, rather make a normal bet ~1,80 should be enough. :)

Best Regards.