Stacks:
      UTG ($22.50)
      CO ($3.66)
      BTN ($22.89)
      SB ($20)
      Hero (BB) ($10)

Pre-Flop: ($0.30, 5 players) Hero is BB Q:club: K:diamond:
      3 folds, SB raises to $0.70, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: K:spade: 7:diamond: 6:spade: ($1.40, 2 players)
      SB bets $1.05, Hero calls $1.05

Turn: 10:heart: ($3.50, 2 players)
      SB bets $2.62, Hero calls $2.62

River: A:spade: ($8.74, 2 players)
      SB bets $8.74, Hero goes all-in $5.63

Final Pot: $23.11
      SB shows
      8:spade: 5:spade:
      Hero shows
      Q:club: K:diamond:

SB wins $22.11 (net +$9)

Hero lost $10

Villain is 20/14/1.9/30 VP/PF/AF/WTSD - 2k hands
      steal from SB 32%

How should I play this hand?

I call pre flop to play against his weaker range pos flop. Should I 3bet pre flop?

Pos flop I call again, same reason as above. Should I raise flop or turn?

On the river I feel committed and go broke. Should I have played the hand differently?

thanks in advance!
  • 7 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey,

I think you can shove the Turn because he will still call with just TP or OC+flushdraws. it is the only street where you still get value from flushdraws

mostly I like to flat KQs pre and 3bet KQo because suitedness has more equity & playability :)

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hey,

I think you can shove the Turn because he will still call with just TP or OC+flushdraws. it is the only street where you still get value from flushdraws

mostly I like to flat KQs pre and 3bet KQo because suitedness has more equity & playability :)

Best regards,
      Gerv
      Ok. And what if I call flop + turn and fold river since he'll problably not bet again for bluff? And what if he checks the river? Should I push or just check behind?

ps. I didn't understand why I get value from flushdraws only on the turn. What about the flop? Wouldn't I get value raising the flop? =)

tyvm!
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      You risk too much on the Flop if you raise the Flop because 1) Your SPR is bigger and 2) his equity is still based on 2 streets

If you call Turn and check back River if he checks (assuming he plays honest) you just missed tons of value versus his missed flushdraw ay ;)
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      You risk too much on the Flop if you raise the Flop because 1) Your SPR is bigger and 2) his equity is still based on 2 streets

If you call Turn and check back River if he checks (assuming he plays honest) you just missed tons of value versus his missed flushdraw ay ;)
      Ok. On last question: what if a :spade: comes on the turn an he bets again? Should I still shove or just call his bet and fold to another bet on the river?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      The questions you ask me are the wrong questions to ask because you disregard his bettingrange on the Turn at all

What do you think his bettingrange on the Turn is? What is your equity?
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global

What do you think his bettingrange on the Turn is? What is your equity?
      Maybe hands like straight, sets, 2pairs, top pairs and some draws like FD+OESD, pair+FD, pair+OESD and some naked FD. Is it too tight? Against this range I have only 25% equity:

http://www.PokerStrategy.com
      Operation completed... 3,608 games processed in 0 seconds.

Board: ks7d6s ts
      Dead:

Equity Win Tie Loss Hand
      Player 1: 25.610 % 22.201 % 6.818 % 70.981 % KdQc
      Player 2: 74.390 % 70.981 % 6.818 % 22.201 % KK, TT, 77-66, AKs, AsQs, AsJs, AsTs, As9s, As8s, As7s, As5s, As4s, As3s, As2s, K9s+, QJs, QsTs, Qs9s, JsTs, Js9s, Ts9s, 98s, 8s7s, 76s, AKo, KTo+, QJo, 98o

----------------------------------------
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Well assuming he is not pure bluffing on a on the Turn, your equity goes down substantially as his turn cBet range on a s polarized

Therefore you can fold ;)