[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH AJs in blinds

• Letsdothisish
      Letsdothisish
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($4.12)
      CO ($5)
      Button ($6.64)
      SB ($4.12)
      Hero (BB) ($5.02)
      UTG ($5.29)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, A
      4 folds, SB bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.07

Flop: ($0.24) 7, 10, 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.11, Hero raises to $0.35, SB calls $0.24

Turn: ($0.94) 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.60, SB calls $0.60

River: ($2.14) 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $3.05 (All-In), Hero calls $3.05

Total pot: $8.24 | Rake: $0.34

Hey,

Villain plays 25/14 fold to 3B 100% (2) and 30% steal, 114 hands

He cbets 63% (8)

I decide to bluffraise his Cbet because he has a wide range with which he will cbet and has to fold on this board. If he calls I still have outs to pick up something (overs, backdoor straight & flush draw).

Other option is maybe to just call flop since I have some kind of Showdown value? If so and he checks turn is it better to float with this and bet turn or get to Showdown?

On turn, even though board is paired I pick up a FD + gutshot and decide to continue barreling. If he just calls on flop he probably has a showdown value hand, maybe AT which he maybe folds now.

River so hard, only thing he reps is TT, maybe 88/99 but he seems to tight to call my flopraise with that. So TT but why on earth would that hand cbet on flop I figured, so I call, hopefully beating 67, some kind of weird overpair or splitting. Thanks for reading.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Letsdothisish,

Check behind the turn most likely cause no hands will fold which called on the flop. ;) I don't really like building up the pot there and neither I don't like your Call on the river, where most likely you are beat by FH and just splitting with any Jx. ;)

Best Regards.
    • Letsdothisish
      Letsdothisish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Letsdothisish,

Check behind the turn most likely cause no hands will fold which called on the flop. ;) I don't really like building up the pot there and neither I don't like your Call on the river, where most likely you are beat by FH and just splitting with any Jx. ;)

Best Regards.
      Thanks, so what do you think about the raise on flop? Can we also call and float or go to showdown? What is your preference?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Raising is totally fine there while we will gain fold equity and maybe even value from draws and of course free card for river.