*** AaronLambert Blog ***

• AaronLambert
      AaronLambert
      Bronze
      Hey guys! Many of you know me already but for those who don't let me introduce myself. My name is Aaron Lambert and I have been a video producer for Pokerstrategy for almost two years now (doesn't seem that long!). I am also a voluntary hand judge for MTTs.

I've played for a living for the last several years. I was a regular in the 12 and 36 180-mans along with many of the other high to low stakes MTTs. I've began to do a little bit more traveling for tournament poker with the black Friday disaster here in the states.

I am a happily married 27 year old which is something you don't find often in the poker world :) . Me and my wife live in South Carolina with two dogs.

I look forward to starting a blog here and keep you guys up to date with what is going on in my life poker and non-poker. If you guys want to ask any questions feel free to ask.
  • 192 replies
    • AaronLambert
      AaronLambert
      Bronze
      Poker
      With poker I haven't been playing much online except some PLO on Bovada. Now that it seems Bodog is going down with the recent DOJ seizures looks like that will be coming to an end.

I just got back a few days ago from Florida for the WSOP-circuit event. I managed to play six events with three cashes so that was good. I final tabled one event taking 7th but ran so bad late! I had about a third of the chips in play with about 15 players left and managed to win no meaningful hands on my way to a disappointing finish. The biggest pot was my AKo getting cracked all in preflop by AQs but it happens. My biggest gripe was the poor sport afterwards who managed to say "nice hand" to me after words while making a face to his friends. So I let him have it :P .

I was definitely pleased with my play on this trip as I felt like I was so confident with my play throughout the trip. I'm sure many of my plays are unorthodox and confused many but I was there to win and I played like that!

Personal Life
      Interesting changes are coming up for me and the wife. We have decided to alter our diet drastically. As a result we are working on becoming vegan. I have always had a very poor diet but I'm excited for this change. I'm always up to a new challenge and this is going to be a very difficult one for me but I'm very motivated!

Starting weight: 264

I'll keep you guys up to date on the progress! Thanks for reading!
    • gordy1957
      gordy1957
      Bronze
      Hi Aaron,
      looking forward to reading your blog as I enjoy your vids.

Cheers Gordy
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Woo, welcome to our blog section Aaron!

You're already quite involved in the community, but great to see you joining this section aswell!

Out of curiosity though, why go fully vegan over vegetarian?

Regards,
      Richard
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      <3 subscribed
    • JohanRember
      JohanRember
      Bronze
      Subscribed.

I have watched your low stakes videos during my lunchbreaks at work. It always motivates me to play!

Also - your accent is interesting and I think I've nailed it. (I have a strange hobby of imitating accents lol)

Keep on posting.
    • AaronLambert
      AaronLambert
      Bronze
      Full Vegan over vegetarian because we aren't suppose to consume diary products. I watched a documentary called "Forks Over Knives" and basically everything from an animal has cholesterol. And ever since the US has been more and more animal based on their diet it has seen an increase rate of heart disease, cancer, and dependance on medication. I hate taking medication as I was having to take pills for cholesterol and I'm 27! I decided that isn't the right thing to do and I needed a change!

Haha Johan I'd like to hear it! I'm told that I don't really have an accent but apparently that isn't the case!
    • mancikaa
      mancikaa
      Bronze
      Oh, this must be a nice blog startup, subscribed!!

And good luck with you plans.
    • suitedaces1701
      suitedaces1701
      Platinum
      Just buy P90X2 and commit to it ;)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      <3 nice to see you here Aaron, at one point I was also going vegan but couldn't do it for more than a year. Although I eat fish mostly now and nothing else. I've also seen a film a few years ago which left me with one thought... which I can't even share here cause of my pretty orange avatar =)

Looking forward to your blogaments, can we see pics of your dogs? I also have 2 beautiful female dogs (Kira and Basil).
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      I have two gorgeous girls aswell! (And a wife, on top!)
    • AaronLambert
      AaronLambert
      Bronze
      I actually did p90x for a week and a half and pulled my back so it had to stop!

I'll post pictures of the two pups later when I take some pictures to upload here. Had to erase the hard drive and don't have the old ones anymore.
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Going vegan seems rather extreme. Couldn't you just cut down on the meat a bit?
    • AaronLambert
      AaronLambert
      Bronze
      I could do that. I have actually done that quite a bit already prior to this change. I basically stopped eating red meat and was eating chicken, fish, and turkey basically.

I would suggest watching the documentary called "Forks Over Knives", it motivated me to make this change.
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AaronLambert
      I could do that. I have actually done that quite a bit already prior to this change. I basically stopped eating red meat and was eating chicken, fish, and turkey basically.

I would suggest watching the documentary called "Forks Over Knives", it motivated me to make this change.
      I'd rather not know. I just eat whatever mrsjb puts in front of me. Except for Brussels sprouts obviously. Good luck with the diet.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fruktpuff
      (And a wife, on top!)
      Pics or...
    • AaronLambert
      AaronLambert
      Bronze
      I need to get my dogs a haircut and then I'll share some pics. In the meantime I have a picture of one when he was just a pup.

His name is tate short for tator tot.
    • JohanRember
      JohanRember
      Bronze
      I need to get my dogs a haircut and then I'll share some pics. In the meantime I have a picture of one when he was just a pup.

Do I sense a vain dog refusing to pose for the camera prior to getting a haircut?
    • AaronLambert
      AaronLambert
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JohanRember

Do I sense a vain dog refusing to pose for the camera prior to getting a haircut?
      haha I just want a good picture! He's pretty fluffy right now
    • AaronLambert
      AaronLambert
      Bronze

Zoey after Tate Jumped up on the couch and knocked down some of my folded clothes... ARGGGHHH

Tate

They are waiting for ice... don't know why but if I hit the ice machine on the Fridge they patiently wait!

Poker
      I've been back to playing on Merge and I must say I feel like I am in a time warp because the play feels like 2007 all over again. No results yet to speak of but I haven't played much since I am just now getting back into the swing of things. Having to tighten up all over again is going to take some adjusting but the money will be worth it.

I am in the process of getting ready to do a ton of things poker content related with new videos on the horizon coupled with an article I will be writing and the potential of running a poker podcast possibly. I won't spoil the details on the podcast just yet but just know it may be coming.

Diet
      Today is day 7 of vegan and it isn't as bad as I imagined it would be. Some of the food is really good and with my wrestling background making dietary changes isn't something that I'm not use to. The only things I really miss at this point is chicken. I use to eat chicken so much that being without it is pretty rough but I'll deal. I've lost four pounds in a weeks time which is nice and I've done it with very little exercise. I plan to do some more work physically but I don't want to rush it with my back problems I've had in the past two years.