MP1: $13.59 (135.9 bb)
      MP2: $4.15 (41.5 bb)
      MP3: $11.25 (112.5 bb)
      CO: $10.25 (102.5 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $9.70 (97 bb)
      SB: $17.38 (173.8 bb)
      BB: $10.32 (103.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J:spade: J:club:
      5 folds, CO raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.70, 2 folds, CO raises to $2

CO is a 10/7 over 50 hands,
      Should i just call instead of 3-betting PF? I raised because i thought CO might be trying to steal

Hero folds
      Results: $1.55 pot
      CO mucked and won $1.55 ($0.85 net)
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello WinningFISH,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Use auto re-buy function. ;) But as played why do you 3bet there if you don't plan to play for the stacks? Also why do you pick such an amount for 3bet?

If you usually 3bet in those spots it means it's for value and you planning to go broke. If rather not and you are against a tight opponent then just Call and play postflop.

Best Regards.
    • WinningFISH
      WinningFISH
      Bronze
      Thanks, I hope I can move up ASAP

i don't auto-rebuy in cash games becasue my account is in £ and i read lot of posts about how their currency conversion is flawed, so after dropping 5-15bb i top-up manually. (1 link-)

Ipoker currency conversion problem

I have seen many players with steal of >60% on my tables, so against an unknown I assumed it to be a steal, and most of them fold even to min-raise even from blinds.

Can you suggest how to deal with steals?

Currently i am using 3-bets for getting folds when i hold a draw because if i have a monster 3-bet almost always leads to a fold. Almost all regulars in this network are rocks most are around VPIP 8-12 and PF 5-9 over 3k hands.

So when I have monsters I bet upto 3/4th pot on flop and half-pot on later streets otherwise villans are folding too much.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I would still strongly suggest adding to full stack. If you have the conversion problems then rather don't play at such a site. :) Play on only those tables where you are able to use the same currency and they wont take any exchange rate.

Can you suggest how to deal with steals?

Well, I had to write articles here. ;) There are plenty of good videos and articles about it, give a try. :P