UTG ($8.24)
      UTG+1 ($25.91)
      CO ($20)
      Hero (BTN) ($10.15)
      SB ($26.91)
      BB ($20.47)

Pre-Flop: ($0.30, 6 players) Hero is BTN J:heart: K:heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 1 fold, BB calls $0.20

Flop: 2:heart: Q:diamond: K:club: ($0.90, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.45, BB calls $0.45

Turn: 5:diamond: ($1.80, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.90, BB calls $0.90

River: Q:heart: ($3.60, 2 players)
      BB bets $1.80, Hero folds

Final Pot: $5.40

BB wins $5.22 (net +$1.67)

Hero lost $1.75

Villain is 22/14/2.3/19 VP/PF/AF/WTSD

On this hand I bet flop + turn for value. On the turn he thinks a bit more than usual and then he calls. On the river he bets half pot.

I'm problably behind in this situation, right?

An what if he checks the river? Should I bet again for value or should I just check behind since he's ahead now with any Qx?

tyvm!
  • 5 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey,

Well I don't like your betsizings on the Flop & Turn because of the minraise pre, you are not getting enough value from your hand because his calling range is pretty wide

So his River lead is kinda polarized and I think he is confident you won't fold Kx which means he has a strong hand therefore you can fold

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hey,

Well I don't like your betsizings on the Flop & Turn because of the minraise pre, you are not getting enough value from your hand because his calling range is pretty wide

So his River lead is kinda polarized and I think he is confident you won't fold Kx which means he has a strong hand therefore you can fold

Best regards,
      Gerv
      Ok. And how much do you think I should bet on the Flop & Turn? About 2/3 of the pot? And should I bet the same value for bluff on dry boards?

thx!
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Yeah 2/3 is better yes.

Don't even think about balancing your betsizing sir, you are playing on the micro's at 888 where the average joe is pretty much drunk :D Just bluff the amount you think is the most cost effective

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Yeah 2/3 is better yes.

Don't even think about balancing your betsizing sir, you are playing on the micro's at 888 where the average joe is pretty much drunk :D Just bluff the amount you think is the most cost effective

Best regards,
      Gerv
      lol ok!

And what if he checks again on the river? Should I shove for value or should I just xb? I think he can still call me with Kx but now he's ahead with any Qx.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      His WTSD indicates he is not really calling light, you might try to valuebet thin qua 50% of the pot but checking back is fine as well

Best regards
      Gerv