Stacks:
      Hero (UTG) ($20)
      UTG+1 ($19.70)
      CO ($27.74)
      BTN ($20)
      SB ($56.19)
      BB ($21.10)

Pre-Flop: ($0.30, 6 players) Hero is UTG J:spade: J:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.52, UTG+1 raises to $2, 4 folds, $1.48 to Hero ($19.48)?

Villain is 14/12 in 85 hands (3b 7.4)

I doubled up some hands ago. How should I play this hand? 4b? Call for set mining since I'm big stack? Or just fold pre flop?

thx!
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey Vicc,

For 100bb you cannot really setmine with any PP OOP vs almost any player. I do not think even a nit will mindlessly stack off with KK/AA on any Jxx board (incl J 9 T and he has A:A)

That said I think I just fold because he is not 3bet bluffing that much because that strategy is simply not incorporated in his style

If you think he stacks off lightly with KK+ then you can call and hope to hit a set but if you fail to stack him for 100bb then in the future you can better fold because you have to compensate the 88% times you miss the Flop (even 7 4 9 qualifies as a missed flop!)

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hey Vicc,
      If you think he stacks off lightly with KK+ then you can call and hope to hit a set but if you fail to stack him for 100bb then in the future you can better fold because you have to compensate the 88% times you miss the Flop (even 7 4 9 qualifies as a missed flop!)

Best regards,
      Gerv
      Ok! And what if I have this 7 4 9 flop? Should I xc the flop and fold to any bet on the turn/river or should I just xf the flop?

And when I get raised pre flop what principle should I think about? call 10? call 15? It's easier to call whem I'm in position, right?

tyvm!
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      There is no principle, NLHE is still too complicated to have these sets of ridiculous rules because every opponent you play is different

Well Im not happy stacking off on 974r because you have to think about his 3bet range. Yes it can contain AK but if your preflop plan was to setmine vs QQ+, you are still terribly behind on the Flop

Best regards,
      Gerv