Elephant problem on PokerstarsEU

• DamjanD
      DamjanD
      Bronze
      Hey,

this thread addresses the problem using elephant on pokerstars after they have relessed their EU client software.

For Windows 7:
      What this change does is move the pokerstars application data from the formaly used directory: C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\PokerStars\
      which no longer exists, to: C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\PokerStars.EU\

I moved my pokerstars Instant hand history folder settings from:
      C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\PokerStars\HandHistory\
      to:
      C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\PokerStars.EU\HandHistory\
      so that the software can actually save hand history.

Then I added this folder to Elephant under the Configuration tab -> Auto Import.
      Now it imports and analyses played hands when Elephant starts or if I dissable and enable the folder.
      At this point it also updates HUD stats which makes it playable if you are willing to click on the Use Folder button every 20 hands or so. The Preferred Seat recognition doesn't work so you have to manualy rotate HUD when you start a table.

Hope to see Elephant 0.107 soon. ;)

If anyone found a working solution or has any ideas thank you for posting and thanks to the Elephant development team for creating this awsome software.

P.S.: Also tried recreating and setting the original hand history foder... didn't help.

DamjanD
  • 5 replies
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Hallo!

The elephant does not work on the eu client. And I do not see a fast solution for this problem because the sidekick has higher priority than the elephant. I don’t know why, but maybe Strategy has seen, that they cannot make such a good software as HM or PT.
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey DamjanD,

thank you for your post! Unfortunately, there are currently no plans to support this poker room. We let you know if that changes in the near future.
    • Tracs
      Tracs
      Silver
      Hi,
      Since Pokerstars is moving all European players to Pokerstars.eu it would be nice to update Elephant to support European Players.
      Thanks
    • zamwise
      zamwise
      Silver
      Originally posted by mrk1988
      Unfortunately, there are currently no plans to support this poker room. We let you know if that changes in the near future.
      The good thing here is that you will tell if the situation changes, but otherwise this was a response I didn't expect to see. What is the point of making a poker software that is not going to work on one of the major pokersites?
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zamwise
      Originally posted by mrk1988
      Unfortunately, there are currently no plans to support this poker room. We let you know if that changes in the near future.
      The good thing here is that you will tell if the situation changes, but otherwise this was a response I didn't expect to see. What is the point of making a poker software that is not going to work on one of the major pokersites?
      Hallo!

I can only give my own opinion: Strategy starts the elephant as an tracker program. They want to give there users a good software, so that they do not need PT or HM any more. But during the years they have seen, that it is not easy to make. And for this reason, they do not work anymore on the HUD for SNGs and tourneys or to support any other rooms. Because it is to expansive.