[NL2-NL10] NL4 Two pair against a shove on the river

• ryciaga
      ryciaga
      Bronze
      Opponent just sat to a table and played 4 hands in a row. This is the 4th one. I get my two pair on turn, he calls my reraise, and the shoves my value bet. What should I do in this spot against unknown opponent? easy fold, or go broke?
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $8,19
      Hero:
      $4
      UTG2:
      $1,54
      MP1:
      $4
      MP2:
      $1,37
      MP3:
      $4,1
      CO:
      $4
      BU:
      $3,7

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , 4:heart:
      5 folds, BU calls $0,04, SB calls $0,02, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,12) A:heart: , 9:diamond: , 2:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BU bets $0,06, SB folds, Hero calls $0,06.

Turn: ($0,24) 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0,11, Hero raises to $0,28, BU calls $0,17.

River: ($0,80) 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,38, BU raises to $3,32 (All-In), Hero ???
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ryciaga,

Rather bet yourself the flop & turn and protect your hand. :) And neither I don't get your Check/Raise size on the turn? What's the idea of it? As played the river is a Bet/Fold, you are mostly beaten there vs the shove.

Best Regards.
    • ryciaga
      ryciaga
      Bronze
      I agree about the turn reraise. So 0.33 should be ok next time? but what about that shove. What you are putting him on? a set? or 53? A9, A7?
      Because I think, that he would have reraised me again on turn with a set and some possible draws in order to protect his hand.

What do you think about it?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by ryciaga
      I agree about the turn reraise. So 0.33 should be ok next time? but what about that shove. What you are putting him on? a set? or 53? A9, A7?
      Because I think, that he would have reraised me again on turn with a set and some possible draws in order to protect his hand.

What do you think about it?
      I would do pot size which is = 3x bet size + pot. Most likely a strong made hand what beats us. :) We ain't putting a opponent on just one hand.