Blind Stealer

• PaTaPaTaPoNn
      PaTaPaTaPoNn
      Bronze
      In 9 player SnG. So someone tries to blind steal every time he has the button, so I'm waiting this moment to reraise him.

Alright I'm in BB and got AKs, villain 3 bet on button again and I push, villain shows KK and kick me out of the tournament.

What am I suppose to do in this situation?
  • 11 replies
    • Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Bronze
      wait for AA
    • PaTaPaTaPoNn
      PaTaPaTaPoNn
      Bronze
      Ya by then my stack should be depleted.
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      Dont push?
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mikus8
      wait for AA
      This made me Laugh!! Huge help for him! =D

I'm not a SnG player but when you say he steals every blind I would do the same as you. Wait for a good hand and attack him. Although I might even try it with less then AK.

Anyway!! After he pushed you have to decide if it is a bluff or not. I think it's never really bad to get in with AK there. But it does depend on your reads.

Regards
      RasTweet
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      you should quit, no money in poker, everyone's solid
    • GraemeDR
      GraemeDR
      Bronze
      Make notes on him, if you come across him again he won't be that lucky every time. If he was stealing every blind he could then it was just luck that he had a hand when you did. I agree with the reply above, I'd have fought back with much less than AK if he was at it everytime.

The next thing to do is buy in to another sit n go and move on, that's what BRM is for.
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PaTaPaTaPoNn
      Not be so results-orientated.
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Remember that AK (or even AA) is not immortal.
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      [quote][i]
      What am I suppose to do in this situation?[/quote]Muck!
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      hhaha this question quite hilarious...

No matter how bad your opponent, how loose they are, sometime they wil win over you no matter what hand do u have. It call luck.

I played SNG a lot, losing with AK is normal...Even AA also nobody can be sure they can win 100%!
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      In 9 player SnG. So someone tries to blind steal every time he has the button, so I'm waiting this moment to reraise him.

Alright I'm in BB and got AKs, villain 3 bet on button again and I push, villain shows KK and kick me out of the tournament.

Defend your blind looser- that requires additional postflop skills and start re-stealing a wider range vs him.

But, you have to be picky in these spots though as a lot of fish will flat your 3bets pre IP and then you end up playing big pot OOP with a marginal hand (say you add some bluff 3bet range to your arsenal) vs a guy that doesn't like to fold. Same applies during the mid/late blind levels when you make your re-steals by going all in. Say with eff. stack sizes of 15-20bb. Fish tends to raise/call very lite, so you gotta be careful and shove your value range vs him.

I don't want to sound too complicated though + fish is usually passive. So your general approach will be to defend your blind looser. If you are not a very experienced player postflop, don't get involved in marginal situations with marginal hands though as surviving during the low blind levels is your first priority in 1-table SnG. Later on, with your tight image, you will be able to exploit your opponents during the push/fold stage when stealing the blinds becomes much more important.

Cheers.