[NL2-NL10] 66, fold on flop

• lztom
      lztom
      Bronze
      Hi All,

Posting this hand as part of my homework 3 on the NL Beginners Course :) .

Do people think I did the right or wrong thing folding to the villain's raise?

Tom.

Known players:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $3.38
      Hero:
      $3.32

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6:heart: , 6:club:
      7 folds, SB raises to $0.08, Hero calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.16) 5:heart: , 4:heart: , 2:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.12, Hero raises to $0.24, SB raises to $0.66, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1.06
  • 5 replies
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      personally id just call the flop, yu have a gutshot to go with your overpair and if you call you keep his bluffs and worse value hands in, plus yu dont valuetown yourself against bigger pocket pairs, as played id probably fold to :)
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      I think folding directly is best. Your gutshot has just 3 outs ( :heart: could be his out as well), your overpair is not some overpair and your plan was to hit a set and win a big pot, and not to bluffraise with almost-gutshot + almost-overpair.
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Originally posted by Oly0909
      I think folding directly is best. Your gutshot has just 3 outs ( :heart: could be his out as well), your overpair is not some overpair and your plan was to hit a set and win a big pot, and not to bluffraise with almost-gutshot + almost-overpair.
      I still like calling the flop cbet,we have position & unless villain is really agressive & barrells a lot, he most likely gives up on a lot of turns since our range can have lots of PP.. I would probably float this board a decent amount if he tends to cbet once & give up.. I think folding directly is too weak
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      @dannywratten

I completely agree with you if you know why will you call, on which board, and against what kind of opponent. I just wanted to say that beginner on NL2 has enough profitable situations if he plays by SHC and basic strategy that he doesn't have to play missed sets while he is not more confident and experienced in postflop play. So for that kind of player I would suggest that if it was unraised pot play this way (raise/fold), but in raised pot just get away and wait for his set, but that's just my oppinion and could be completely wrong.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello lztom,

Doesn't really make sense to min-raise there like that. :) Then rather just Call with your GS and overpair and reevaluate it on the turn.

Best Regards.