UTG ($5.22)
      CO ($6.69)
      BTN ($5.11)

Dealt to Hero A:club: J:club:

fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.03, Hero raises to $0.20, SB calls $0.15

FLOP ($0.40) 8:spade: 9:spade: T:club:

SB bets $0.15, Hero calls $0.15

TURN ($0.70) 8:spade: 9:spade: T:club: Q:heart:

SB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1.57, SB calls $1.27 (AI)

SB is a fish playing so far 75/0 in 20 hands.

I think i had to raise that flop!!
      Is the turn big raise correct?
  • 4 replies
    • ilovemagic
      actually we need his postflop stats to tell ya what was the most optimal choice, but looking at the hand at first glance, i can tell you:

raising to .20 is too much vs shorty. .15 would be fine since hes a calling station, but .20 might be a bit much.

passive fish leads out= he has a hand.

you have great odds to just call to hit your str8 draw. he will not fold when you hit because hes a calling station and will find some reason to call you.

just call his bet here, and wait to strike gold on the turn/river. he might even check and let you get free card. remember all you have is ace high and SD on that flop..hes probably beatin ya at that point.

he bets again, you shove. very nicely done :) i woulda did the same thing meself for value and protection of course.
    • frako17
      I had only 20 hands with him so we cant count on postflop stats. So far, as you also said, his image is passive fish.

Preflop we are IP against him and way way ahead of his limping range and i bet 0.20 for value.

I totally agree with the rest of your thought.

Thank you.
    • veriz
      Hello frako17,

Doesn't really make sense to raise the flop with just a draw. :) And otherwise as you catch your draw on turn not much to say vs his stack.

Best Regards.
    • ilovemagic
      yeah thinking back on it now i agree with the preflop raise as well. he was willing to call well over 70% of hands. hes calling to .20 often enough for it to be very profitable play :D just dont get married to the hand if you miss completely :)