Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $48,35
      Hero:
      $25,65

0,15/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

3B on BB = 9%
      cbet = 84%
      4B range = 3,1%
      Fto4B = 60%

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0,90, 4 folds, BB raises to $2,85, Hero raises to $6,40, BB raises to $48,35 (All-In), Hero calls $19,25 (All-In), BB gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

I played this hand when i showed a friend onlinepoker and i thought this is a standard situation.

I said to him that i have to call his shove after my 4B and he asked me why i 4B in the first place.
      Answering this question was harder than i thought and i wanted to check if i got the reasoning right.

If i just call his 3B and i see an A or K on the flop it's hard to play. If a low board comes i'm mostly commited anyway.
      And the strongest reason for a 4B is if i only would 4B with KK+ in this spot would be too readable.
  • 2 replies
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      From what I understand, you basicly make money everytime, villain folds to your 4bet, and when you get it in here youre flipping against AK, QQ+.

In this spot actually I think his 3betting range isnt that wide at all because of the positions. You shouldn expect villain to 3bet your early position open from BB 9%.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello chocular77,

Well, you are still opening from UTG mate. :) That's the problem. He is most likely 3betting light against CO/BU and not vs UTG. Shouldn't really pay that much attention on that. As long he has been tighter I might even prefer just to flat and play postflop.

Best Regards.