[NL20-NL50] SH50 - Float on drawy Board

• chocular77
      Known players:

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

CO openraise = 28%
      CbetF = 77%
      CbetT = 42%

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:club: , T:diamond:
      2 folds, CO raises to $1,50, Hero calls $1,50, 2 folds.

I thought my hand is good enough for a call in position and for playing multipot. + CO cbets too much flop and stops at turn.

Flop: ($3,75) 8:diamond: , 7:spade: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      CO bets $3, Hero calls $3,00.

Is this a good board to float?
      In generell i want to float when it's unlikely that my opponent has something so this means i should mostly do it on dry boards?

I thought i can represent a lot if a spade/6 hits the Turn + CO maybe stops to bet the Turn + i have a GS

Turn: ($9,75) 2:spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $6,5, CO calls $6,50.

River: ($22,75) Q:spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $22,75
  • 2 replies
    • jachis
      I think I rather 3bet/fold pre.
      If you really expect villain to cbet this board OOP with a lot of air, why not raise the flop? If called you have a gtsht+2overcards and your in position.

I rather prefer, as you mentioned, to float some dry boards on which I can be sure villain cbets all of his range.
    • veriz
      Hello chocular77,

Preflop: Kind of questionable, if he has high fold to 3bet then you can as well 3bet. But if you expect him to have enough of leaks postflop then flatting is another option.

As played
      Flop: What do you think about CB size of him? Is that standard? What do you think will you even get fold equity here? Vs such a high W$SD might even be better fo raise for fold equity than float in that spot.

As played
      Turn: Not a huge fan of betting the turn cause we wont have that much fold equity. A lot of overcards+FD will continue, PPs will obviously continue and therefore you rarely will have much fold equity.

Best Regards.