This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Tidy room/less tilt

• bondovac
      bondovac
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm not a pro, but I was wondering how many of you take care of tidy environment around you when playing poker and how much does it influence on your game. For example, I heard that Ziigmund is playing in bed surrounded by junk-food leftovers, which can cause higher tilt for labile person like Ziggy.

For me, when my room is in a mess, I just can't play me A-game. I'm just acting hasty and suboptimal.

Bondovac
  • 7 replies
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Keep my room tidy all the time, still will smash my fist in the wall or try to karate chop my table.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      I've never played in a mess, always Tidy, so can't compare :(

Couldn't play in a mess though, I'd imagine it would put me off :D

Tidy Room is +EV?
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      I get this when i do my uni work, when my room is tidy i get allot more done..

Poker is about the same, I only get my A game when im on my own, in my room, and its tidy. but if my room isnt tidy i go into another room and get distracted from people.. so im guessing a tidy room = +EV.. :D
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bondovac
      Hi,

I'm not a pro, but I was wondering how many of you take care of tidy environment around you when playing poker and how much does it influence on your game. For example, I heard that Ziigmund is playing in bed surrounded by junk-food leftovers, which can cause higher tilt for labile person like Ziggy.

For me, when my room is in a mess, I just can't play me A-game. I'm just acting hasty and suboptimal.

Bondovac
      For me it's the dishes, if there are a pile of them with food and grease and I haven't done them, I'm off my game. Dirty-dishes tilt. And I'm a guy, WTF?
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gavinonymous
      For me it's the dishes, if there are a pile of them with food and grease and I haven't done them, I'm off my game. Dirty-dishes tilt. And I'm a guy, WTF?
      Buy a dishwasher +EV, or get a girlfriend (somewhat +EV)
    • salflip
      salflip
      Bronze
      GF= -$ EV although it's highly + Life EV :f_biggrin:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Even if I start with tidy room, after few days of pokering it becomes a complete shithole. i just don't notice surroundings while I play.