Tidy room/less tilt

• bondovac
      bondovac
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm not a pro, but I was wondering how many of you take care of tidy environment around you when playing poker and how much does it influence on your game. For example, I heard that Ziigmund is playing in bed surrounded by junk-food leftovers, which can cause higher tilt for labile person like Ziggy.

For me, when my room is in a mess, I just can't play me A-game. I'm just acting hasty and suboptimal.

Bondovac
  • 7 replies
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Keep my room tidy all the time, still will smash my fist in the wall or try to karate chop my table.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      I've never played in a mess, always Tidy, so can't compare :(

Couldn't play in a mess though, I'd imagine it would put me off :D

Tidy Room is +EV?
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      I get this when i do my uni work, when my room is tidy i get allot more done..

Poker is about the same, I only get my A game when im on my own, in my room, and its tidy. but if my room isnt tidy i go into another room and get distracted from people.. so im guessing a tidy room = +EV.. :D
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bondovac
      Hi,

I'm not a pro, but I was wondering how many of you take care of tidy environment around you when playing poker and how much does it influence on your game. For example, I heard that Ziigmund is playing in bed surrounded by junk-food leftovers, which can cause higher tilt for labile person like Ziggy.

For me, when my room is in a mess, I just can't play me A-game. I'm just acting hasty and suboptimal.

Bondovac
      For me it's the dishes, if there are a pile of them with food and grease and I haven't done them, I'm off my game. Dirty-dishes tilt. And I'm a guy, WTF?
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gavinonymous
      For me it's the dishes, if there are a pile of them with food and grease and I haven't done them, I'm off my game. Dirty-dishes tilt. And I'm a guy, WTF?
      Buy a dishwasher +EV, or get a girlfriend (somewhat +EV)
    • salflip
      salflip
      Bronze
      GF= -$ EV although it's highly + Life EV :f_biggrin:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Even if I start with tidy room, after few days of pokering it becomes a complete shithole. i just don't notice surroundings while I play.