zygiszs

• Zygiszs
      Zygiszs
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

To earn money and master it. I want to become one of the best player in the world and play in the highest limits.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

Bankroll management: I start play NL5 with 53$, I am lucky, because i dont crash, and now have 110$ bankroll, but now I know how to fix this leak

Playing too aggressive and calling when i know i am behind.

Tilt

Almost never analyses hands

I think need to learn more about math.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

Tight means to play carefully selected cards play them aggressive and most of the time play them in position

P.S sorry for my English, because my English knowledge are poor
  • 9 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Bankroll-management is a common leak for a lot of players. They just don't see how important it's actually to follow the BRM. Without following it you could say that you are just gambling with your money. For that reason we really need to find a way how we going to follow strictly to the BRM and never try to play besides it. It will be hard to make you a good poker player if you don't follow BRM. Try to find a way, just force yourself to follow the rule even if it's hard at the beginning.

Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

About math don't worry, we will have a lot of math during this course. :)

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course.
    • Zygiszs
      Zygiszs
      Bronze
      Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?

Open raise all pocket pairs from early position.

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.

AQs 3bet call

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo

http://www.pokerstrategy.com
      Equity Win Tie
      MP2 46.32% 37.92% 8.41% { AKo }
      MP3 53.68% 45.27% 8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

Playing PPs can be in long run be very profitable, we could even say that you earn the most money with them. You can always try out either you play them profitable or not by check the programs either you are doing great on early position with PPs or not and base according to that.

But what I wouldn't advice to do is that to play all PPs from early position. From UTG it's not that easy to play with 22-55 cause they will rarely be good as pairs and if your postflop ain't very good and the board reading then it will be difficult to play with such hands. Strongly recommend keeping an eye on them.

About Question #3:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    46.32%  37.92%   8.41% { AKo }
      UTG+1  53.68%  45.27%   8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

Hopefully you enjoy the Course so far.
    • Zygiszs
      Zygiszs
      Bronze
      Now i am playing NL5 SH, should i keep playing SH? or maybe i should play FR for a while, because only in lesson 7 will be Introduction to short-handed BSS?
    • Zygiszs
      Zygiszs
      Bronze
      NL5 flush draw
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Zygiszs
      Now i am playing NL5 SH, should i keep playing SH? or maybe i should play FR for a while, because only in lesson 7 will be Introduction to short-handed BSS?
      Whatever you think suits for you the best. My own advice would be if you are rather new to poker to play FR and get known preflop/postflo play. SH is more advanced stuff and a lot more reads/table dynamics/opponent based action and board readings are needed.
    • Zygiszs
      Zygiszs
      Bronze
      Question 0: Download and install the Equilab Done.

Question 1: You are holding KQ. What is your preflop equity against an opponent who has 33? How does the equity change on this flop: J53?

Equity Win Tie
      MP2 50.74% 50.37% 0.38% { KsQs }
      MP3 49.26% 48.88% 0.38% { 3d3c }

Board: 5dJs3s
      Equity Win Tie
      MP2 26.46% 26.46% 0.00% { KsQs }
      MP3 73.54% 73.54% 0.00% { 3d3c }

Question 2: What would you do in the following hand?

No Limit hold'em $2 (9-handed)

Players and stacks:
      UTG: $2.00
      UTG+1: $2.08
      MP1: $1.92
      MP2: $1.00
      MP3: $3.06
      CO: (Hero) $2.08
      BU: $2.00
      SB: $2.00
      BB: $1.24

Preflop: Hero is CO with AJ
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BU calls $0.08, SB folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.25) 263 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.25) 5 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.22, BU raises to $0.44, BB folds, Hero...?

Call, because we getting right odds (4.14:1) to call. It is very unlikely that BU has a set, because he check on drawy heavy board in multiway pot and not protected his hand
    • Zygiszs
      Zygiszs
      Bronze
      I have very hard time to start analyses my hands. So from this day on i will start post hands from every session i played.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #3 Done!

About Question #1:
      Preflop Equity:

Equity Win Tie
      UTG 50.78% 50.40% 0.38% { KsQs }
      UTG+1 49.22% 48.84% 0.38% { 3d3c }

Postflop Equity:

Board: J:spade: 5:diamond: 3:spade:
      Equity Win Tie
      UTG 26.46% 26.46% 0.00% { KsQs }
      UTG+1 73.54% 73.54% 0.00% { 3d3c }

About Question #2:
      There are several occasions on turn:
      a) If we take just odds for the FD and we take into account that all our odds are clean. Which means:
      Total Pot = $0,91 ; We have to Call = $0,22 -> According to that it means we are getting ~4,16:1 odds. For flushdraw we would need 4:1. Which tells us that we are getting perfect odds.
      b) If we consider the opponent having sets here:
      Which means we have to discount outs, for example 6 and also 3. Which means we have 7 clean outs so that means we need 6:1 odds. That tells us that we need ~$0,41 on river to make it profitable. If we expect the opponent being loose enough and being able to pay us no-matter what then we can do the Call here properly.
      c) We might even have overcards as outs or even 4 as a out:
      Although this kind of situation ain't that likely. I'd rather discount that one and either pick a) or b). Most likely towards Call.

Good luck with posting, I will be waiting for them.

You are doing great progress, keep going!