[NL2-NL10] Trip A's draw heavy board Vs Fishface

• delanonunes
      Same guy as always opening everyhand min-raising and calling down most marginal holdings, i decide to slowplay my pocket aces against the fish as i'm pretty sure i can stack him if flop hits him in any way....two to the flush on the flop makes me a little concerned so i decided against raising

I went for a comedy probe bet on the turn expecting him to fold an under-pair or something similar, his re-raise screamed out J9,Q9,K9 or similar so decided to ship it!!

Question is; Should i have played Aces straightforwardly against this weak-passive opponent or should i 3bet/4bet pre-flop and try to get all their money in early? 3betting pre-flop tends to polarise my range on these kind of opponents so i try to get a bit more sneaky...sometimes to my detriment obviously....

Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:heart: , A:spade:
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.04, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.04, 2 folds, BB calls $0.02.

Flop: ($0.13) A:club: , J:club: , 9:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP2 bets $0.02, Hero calls $0.02, BB calls $0.02.

Turn: ($0.19) 9:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.04, BB raises to $0.12, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, BB raises to $0.39, Hero raises to $1.94 (All-In), BB calls $1.55.

River: ($4.07) J:diamond: (2 players)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello delanonunes,

Preflop: Wow! 3bet!!!!! And not other way to play it. Like wtf? Why do you set-mine with AA?

As played
      Postflop: Raise the flop for protection!?!? And what's with the min-bet/min-raises on turn? Make a normal Bet... there are too many mistakes mate, you really should go back to the whole articles list.

Best Regards.