This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Trip A's draw heavy board Vs Fishface

• delanonunes
      delanonunes
      Bronze
      Same guy as always opening everyhand min-raising and calling down most marginal holdings, i decide to slowplay my pocket aces against the fish as i'm pretty sure i can stack him if flop hits him in any way....two to the flush on the flop makes me a little concerned so i decided against raising

I went for a comedy probe bet on the turn expecting him to fold an under-pair or something similar, his re-raise screamed out J9,Q9,K9 or similar so decided to ship it!!

Question is; Should i have played Aces straightforwardly against this weak-passive opponent or should i 3bet/4bet pre-flop and try to get all their money in early? 3betting pre-flop tends to polarise my range on these kind of opponents so i try to get a bit more sneaky...sometimes to my detriment obviously....

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $4.35
      MP2:
      $5.61
      Hero:
      $2

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:heart: , A:spade:
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.04, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.04, 2 folds, BB calls $0.02.

Flop: ($0.13) A:club: , J:club: , 9:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP2 bets $0.02, Hero calls $0.02, BB calls $0.02.

Turn: ($0.19) 9:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.04, BB raises to $0.12, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, BB raises to $0.39, Hero raises to $1.94 (All-In), BB calls $1.55.

River: ($4.07) J:diamond: (2 players)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello delanonunes,

Preflop: Wow! 3bet!!!!! And not other way to play it. Like wtf? Why do you set-mine with AA?

As played
      Postflop: Raise the flop for protection!?!? And what's with the min-bet/min-raises on turn? Make a normal Bet... there are too many mistakes mate, you really should go back to the whole articles list.

Best Regards.