NL4 Grind so far

• 9 replies
    • acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      This is such a small sample.That's just variance.Just look at the upswing you had at 6500 hands.Such an upswing will propably happen again if you continue playing your A game.But if you worry about not playing good you should just post your stats so that the members of the community could judge your play.
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      Originally posted by acetbfish
      This is such a small sample.That's just variance.Just look at the upswing you had at 6500 hands.Such an upswing will propably happen again if you continue playing your A game.But if you worry about not playing good you should just post your stats so that the members of the community could flame your play.
      :f_biggrin:
    • marti1988
      marti1988
      Bronze
      NL4 Party poker
    • ClimaxingWalrus
      ClimaxingWalrus
      Bronze
      I don't know how you're going through swings like that at NL4, I think your probably just trying to be a pain in the ass to play against without picking spots more carefully or you're playing when rly tired/tilted/playing B or C game too often. I may be wrong but that's my guess.

edit: woops sorry was looking at marti1988's graph, some of what I said could still be applicable for you but yeah thats not that big of a sample and looks like standard variance
    • Zemnieks11
      Zemnieks11
      Bronze
      Originally posted by marti1988
      NL4 Party poker
      For NL4 thats sick bad run...and you have hit a variance pertty hard there.
      Thing to do now is just impove your game and things will turn around eventually then it will be your time to shine :)
      Again remember it could happen after 10k, 50k, but you will be one to find out. BTW to boost confidence you can try playing at other site too.
    • Daenerys
      Daenerys
      Bronze
      Originally posted by marti1988
      NL4 Party poker
      omg thats so sick. Also playing 200k hands at NL4 is a waste of your time. Play less tables, improve and move up. I really dont see any viable reason to put that volume at those limits.

On a positive note, hopefully when you move up you ll have a huge upswing to compensate for that sick variance lol
    • deezer79
      deezer79
      Silver
      omg thats so sick. Also playing 200k hands at NL4 is a waste of your time. Play less tables, improve and move up. I really dont see any viable reason to put that volume at those limits.
      Got to agree with that but playing that many hands is impressive to me. The idea of playing so many hands that I'd have a sample in which variance can be discounted (while variance is kicking our arses) is also hard to get my head around. When you are getting sucked out on every possible way and just seeing money drain from your account...why keep playing?

Sure we all love the game but let's face it, if poker were a girl she'd be a ho :) . She'll cheat, lie, take your roll and we'll still defend her. "If I spend just a little more time and money on her then she'll let me in, show me her real self and it'll be beautiful". We're all delusional if we think we can change this bitch.
    • peddy53
      peddy53
      Bronze
      Hi
      High variance is always going to happen. The more tables you play the more variance you encounter. If you are playing 6max switch to FR and play tight. read posts how to use the hud properly and probably stop with the flips depending the opponent you are playing. Fr has less variance and on nl4 is still quite profitable
    • marti1988
      marti1988
      Bronze
      gues the graph is not mine .....

he play 6 mounths in nl4 :s_frown:
      now i think he play in nl400
      after move to another site he beat nl4 -nl200 in 9 mounths :s_o: